X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIT going poorly

MY AIT is going poorly and I would like to find what other MOS my unit needs. I am not ready to come out and talk to my recruiter or my unit officer. How else can I find out what my options are?

Re: AIT going poorly

By doing exactly what you say you do not want to do...

Comment

What does "MY AIT is going poorly" mean? Whats the MOS? What other MOS do you want, and why is the grass greener there? Have you brought this up to the instructors?

Comment

Thank you for the posts. I took the first suggestion and contacted my recruiter. He said if I fail, I will get reclassed. I am a 35 T and have made it through 5 months of the 10 month training. The level of technical computer skills are beyond me even though I study and hired a tutor. I failed the previous test and took remedial and just barely passed the retest. I failed this weeks test and get 3 hours remedial and try again. Course work gets harder and I am over my head for the speed they want me to learn this. I want an MOS that my unit needs and is something I am good at.

Comment

Thank you for the input. I followed the first suggestion and contacted my recruiter. He said if I fail I will be reclassed.

I am a 35T, Systems Repairer, and I am 5 months into the 10 month training. The technical computer skills are difficult for me to learn in the short time allowed. I failed the test two weeks ago, did remedial and just barely passed the retest. I failed the test on Monday, get 3 hours remedial and retake the test Thursday. I am barely hanging on. I study as hard as I can, hired tutor and still feel I am not going to pass. I want an MOS that my unit needs and that I will be good at.

Comment

If you end up failing, the liaison will contact your state and they'll either give you a choice of another MOS or just pick one for you based on what they need. Otherwise, you wont get a chance to change just because you think it is going bad.

Comment

Thank you for your comments. I passed the retest today and so am able to continue on. I did talk to my recruiter and am looking at MOSs just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by see View Post
                Thank you for your comments. I passed the retest today and so am able to continue on. I did talk to my recruiter and am looking at MOSs just in case.
                View the film "Men of Honor" for some inspiration. If this is a job that you really want to do; then do not give up. Having this MOS will reap many rewards for your future. PM me if you have any technical questions.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                  View the film "Men of Honor" for some inspiration. If this is a job that you really want to do; then do not give up. Having this MOS will reap many rewards for your future. PM me if you have any technical questions.
                  So he should look into becoming a Navy Master Diver?

Comment

Originally posted by Rokovak View Post
                    He should never quit.

Those who want something bad enough, make it happen, those who don't, make excuses.

Don't give up see!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
                      He should never quit.

Those who want something bad enough, make it happen, those who don't, make excuses.

Don't give up see!
                      Thanks Chris

Originally posted by Rokovak View Post
                      I did not want to give up an important theme that I saw in the movie. Yes, the Cuba Gooding Character was a black sailor that had to serve in jobs that dealt with cooking but he was attracted to the Navy Divers after he saw Robert DeNiro save a man.

This was right after the military integrated the services and when he was finally accepted to Dive School; he dealt with racism and the Commandant of the school did not want him to be the first African-American to graduate.

Anyway, he was having difficulty absorbing the laws and mathematical equations of the class. The instructor of the class advised him to seek other means to improve his grades. He spent his weekend liberty at the town's library and he met the librarian who assisted him (she was in medical or nursing school). Her dad was also a sailor.

The point was (and I and possibly every other poster here) have made some sacrifices in their military career that took some extra effort to get where they are today. I would think the SF posters especially. Because that training is no laughing matter.

Comment

Working...
                      X