Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 T Ft. Eustis Virginia

Well I have a couple questions,

I am going to Fort Eustis in September after Basic Training, and I was wondering will I be able to have a laptop, automobile, phone, and my iPod. Since I am going to be there for 17 weeks I was just wanting to know if I will have some form of entertainment.

And lastly I will be there from September-January will I get Christmas or thanksgiving off? and will that time off add on to my 17 weeks or be included in my 17 weeks ?

Re: 15 T Ft. Eustis Virginia

You will be able to have a laptop, phone, iPod. Automobile no. There are cabs you can take off post as well as a bus that runs on the weekends (HRT Route 113). The bus will save you a lot of money. Unless you are spliting a cab, figure $20 one way to the mall. The bus is $1.50 each way.
    Your stay will depend on how quickly you get classed. Tango's get classed pretty quickly, so you shouldnt be a casual at all. Casuals are hold under that are basically on detail until they get classed. Its a miserable existence. You will get Thanksgiving off (4-day pass) and Christmas is Block Leave and you will be charged leave for as many days as you take. HRAP was available only for NG when I was there, but when I got in touch with my RSP NCO, he was told they were not authorized so sign any HRAP forms, so I ended up burning all my leave and went in the hole 5 days. But, I was a Yankee and was there long enough to make it back (30 weeks overall). I came out with 7 days accrued. The 17 weeks is weeks of training. The program is designed to be so long. Holidays while accounted for in the schedule are not included in the training time.
    On a similar note, HBL (christmas break) does not have to be taken. You can stay there if you want and not burn any of your leave days (2.5/mo from your ship date). Some people did this. They stuck everyone that decided to stay at Fox Co. for those 2 weeks.

Back to your entertainment options...there is no internet in the barracks. If you want to be connected, I recommend a phone you can tether, or a mobile broadband device (Mifi, etc..)
    Eustis is boring. You'll be doing FTX in the winter (***** to be you). Dont spend your money on useless ****. Do the best you can in class and get that Distinguished Honor Grad, or Honor Grad. And I highly recommend going out for Soldier of the Month. Its nerve racking, but rewarding and if you win, you get the AAM. Oh, dont do stupid **** either. That place is too easy...just keep your nose clean. CSM Arnett is always around and the Triple Deuce has had it's share of issues lately. You'll be in C Co. by the way. But everyone knows Alpha rules
    Good Luck!

Comment

Re: 15 T Ft. Eustis Virginia

You will be able to have a laptop, phone, iPod. Automobile no. There are cabs you can take off post as well as a bus that runs on the weekends (HRT Route 113). The bus will save you a lot of money. Unless you are spliting a cab, figure $20 one way to the mall. The bus is $1.50 each way.
      Your stay will depend on how quickly you get classed. Tango's get classed pretty quickly, so you shouldnt be a casual at all. Casuals are hold under that are basically on detail until they get classed. Its a miserable existence. You will get Thanksgiving off (4-day pass) and Christmas is Block Leave and you will be charged leave for as many days as you take. HRAP was available only for NG when I was there, but when I got in touch with my RSP NCO, he was told they were not authorized so sign any HRAP forms, so I ended up burning all my leave and went in the hole 5 days. But, I was a Yankee and was there long enough to make it back (30 weeks overall). I came out with 7 days accrued. The 17 weeks is weeks of training. The program is designed to be so long. Holidays while accounted for in the schedule are not included in the training time.
      On a similar note, HBL (christmas break) does not have to be taken. You can stay there if you want and not burn any of your leave days (2.5/mo from your ship date). Some people did this. They stuck everyone that decided to stay at Fox Co. for those 2 weeks.

Back to your entertainment options...there is no internet in the barracks. If you want to be connected, I recommend a phone you can tether, or a mobile broadband device (Mifi, etc..)
      Eustis is boring. You'll be doing FTX in the winter (***** to be you). Dont spend your money on useless ****. Do the best you can in class and get that Distinguished Honor Grad, or Honor Grad. And I highly recommend going out for Soldier of the Month. Its nerve racking, but rewarding and if you win, you get the AAM. Oh, dont do stupid **** either. That place is too easy...just keep your nose clean. CSM Arnett is always around and the Triple Deuce has had it's share of issues lately. You'll be in C Co. by the way. But everyone knows Alpha rules
      Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
      X