X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security clearance question for signal and intelligence MOSs

I plan to enlist in the U.S. Army Reserve or National Guard in the coming months, and I am interested in signal and military intelligence MOSs. If an opportunity presents itself, I would like to train to become an intelligence analyst or human intelligence collector.

My question, however, relates to the security clearance requirements for these careers. First off, my mother is a U.S. citizen, born and raised in New York, but my father was born in Mexico and became a resident after marrying my mother. About 8 years ago, my father was arrested and deported to Mexico indefinitely on a felony charge. My father and I, unfortunately, have not spoken for a little over a year; I have not traveled abroad to see him, so I have not had a strong line of communication with him since his deportation.

With this in mind, would my father's criminal background and foreign status eliminate my chances of obtaining a top secret security clearance? If it does, what are my options? I would hate for my father's poor judgment to hinder my career goals, but I do want to be up front and honest about this situation, and I have legal documentation to provide if deemed necessary. I would appreciate any feedback
    Last edited by eduardovlzqz83; December 27th, 2010, 07:57 PM. Reason: correct typo

Re: Security clearance question for signal and intelligence MOSs

Don't make multiple threads please.

Comment

Working...
    X