X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical for MPs

I'm new to these forums and I apologize in advance if I have posted this inquiry in the wrong folder:

I will be speaking tomorrow with my recruiter. I have trained thoroughly in analysis to respond to BEATs. However; this is done on the Tactical level. Although intelligence and, to a lesser degree, administrative analysis are also my strong points, does anyone know how a TCA might translate into working for the Guard -- with emphasis on tactical analysis?

Many thanks,

- Ben G.

Re: Tactical for MPs

ok forgive my ignorance, but i'm a MP and have absolutely no clue what you're talking about or asking. Please break this down for easier understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07 View Post
      ok forgive my ignorance, but i'm a MP and have absolutely no clue what you're talking about or asking. Please break this down for easier understanding.
      Ditto. He has to break down his acronyms.

Comment

I was just wondering if there's positions available where data from MPs, responding to a dispatch, will then have their officer's logs written down with information that I would then (ideally) build/use a program to better respond to certain risk potentials and the highest %'s of responses to certain codes being called in. Then orient task forces in a more appropriate manner (definitely not done alone) so that based on information provided to me, I can use things like (e.g.) mapping software, or write an RFP if I have to, in order to get software X and Y, so that I can have a statistical and analytically flawless trendline in order to know where to best have MPs patrolling so that our assets (those being our MPs) are being used to their most favorable capacity in the safest condition. There's also about a million other ways that someone who is keen on TCA could help improve just about any policing force, albeit military, state, local, whatever.

And there's a whole lot more to it, but in the shortest paragraph I could make, the above sort of sums up what I'm trying to convey.

I hope that makes things a little bit more clear.
        Last edited by BenG718; December 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM. Reason: To clarify.

Comment

Crime analysts are usually civilians. In fact most LE in the Army is going civilian.

Comment

BenG,

An enlisted MP would not need to assess and provide data from what you stated. And Redleg hit it on the nail that you are talking about the law enforcement portion of the MP mos which is not tactical but garrison. MPs do not use ten codes and the Army has several systems in place to track information. One is called COPS (Centralized Operations Police Suite) http://www.wood.army.mil/usamps/COPS/default.HTML and they use NCIC as well.

The tactical systems that MPs use are the same ones that infantry and other tactical units utilize as well.

Bottom line is that you will learn the way the Army MPs do business.

)

Comment

You, went, to, war, with, those, commas!

Maybe, after, 20, years, of, service, you, could, write, some, doctrine.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
                BenG,

An enlisted MP would not need to assess and provide data from what you stated. And Redleg hit it on the nail that you are talking about the law enforcement portion of the MP mos which is not tactical but garrison. MPs do not use ten codes and the Army has several systems in place to track information. One is called COPS (Centralized Operations Police Suite) http://www.wood.army.mil/usamps/COPS/default.HTML and they use NCIC as well.

The tactical systems that MPs use are the same ones that infantry and other tactical units utilize as well.

Bottom line is that you will learn the way the Army MPs do business.

)
                Excellent. And thank you.

P.S. My apologies regarding wanton comma-flinging. I award myself no points, and may God have mercy on my soul.
                Last edited by BenG718; December 10th, 2010, 05:36 PM. Reason: A reason.

Comment

And mine also..........

Comment

Originally posted by BenG718 View Post
                    Excellent. And thank you.

P.S. My apologies regarding wanton comma-flinging. I award myself no points, and may God have mercy on my soul.
                    You are welcome sir and good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X