X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any info on how ait is like for 15T UH-60 Mechanic

currently in the state of tx it is a job that theyre looking for a job i wouldnt mind doing, although it is between that and 31B both are on the list...how was ft eustis was is bay style sleeping or 2 man rooms? any info would help..much appreciated

Re: any info on how ait is like for 15T UH-60 Mechanic

I'm here now. 1/222nd is crowded for sure. As a Tango, you'd be in C Co. I'm in Alpha, but a couple of my Battles are in Charlie and we are all crowded. Alpha is now actually split up between 3 different buildings so everyone has a bunk. Sone guys are still in the day room after a month. So far, I havnt really seen anymore than 5 guys to a room. Some have only 2. As a Tango, you would get classes pretty quickly. Otherwise you'd be a holdunder ( casual as they are called) until a new class starts. I only had to wait 1 week, but sone guys waited 6... That's for Yankees though.

Comment

I just got home from 15T school. I was there as a reclass so I was in Hotel CO. I think the Charlie CO soldiers in my class were in 3 or 4 man rooms. Ft Eustis is ok, the school was pretty easy as long as you can turn a wrench and use a maintenance manual. The first two weeks is all classroom and pretty boring. Make sure you stay awake for it, we had one pvt fail a test because he slept through most of the class. When you graduate and go back home you will probably start out in a maintenance company as a mechanic. You can eventually get in a flight company and train to be a crewchief. Depending on your state there could be some federal technician jobs you could apply for. Here in MT we have about 12 15T federal technicians. There are quite a few posts on this forum about tech jobs, it is not a bad way to go. Good Luck

Comment

thanks for the reply..also how often did you get passes to come home? i know there is like red phase and all these other phases..

Comment

Originally posted by rydek10 View Post
          thanks for the reply..also how often did you get passes to come home? i know there is like red phase and all these other phases..
          Passes to go home??? Ummm...I wouldnt plan on going home until you graduate.

Comment

i was reading this guys blog and he would go home when he got gold passes

Comment

Originally posted by rydek10 View Post
              i was reading this guys blog and he would go home when he got gold passes
              Yes, but where did he live? If he lived less then 50 miles away he might have went home, but outside of 50 miles probably isn't happening.

Comment

I was at FT Eustis for 15T school from Aug 13th through Dec 7 Of 2010, we had four long weeekends, memorial day, thanksgiving etc. The C company soldiers in my class were allowed to go home for those weekends no matter what phase they were. They did have to fill out pass forms, and obviously pay for their airfare. Unless they make some major changes you should be allowed to leave on holiday weekends. Regular weekends it depends on what phase you are.

Comment

Yup, what MTGuard said. Seems like there are a lot of 4 day passes. The first weekend you arrive, you are able to spend the weekend with your family if you so desire. That weekend for me happened to fall right before Thanksgiving, so I had the first weekend away, came back for 3 days and then went on a 4 day for Thanksgiving. There was a 350 mile radius travel limit for that pass, but you didnt have to go home. If you filled out the leave paperwork, you just had to go somewhere. Then 3 weeks later was Holiday Block Leave for xmas which ends tomorrow for me. I have to be back at 2300 Sunday. But, in another 2 weeks there is another 4 day (14-17 JAN) and there's yet another in February. SO, I think a lot of the ability to leave depends on your Company. As far as weekends off post go, that is a phase requirement. I doubt youd have time to go home unless you lived very close to base anyway. Also, even if you are on pass, you are not exempt from CQ and it is your place of duty when you shift arrives. If you are on a pass, the shift is still your responsibility, however, you will find plenty of people willing to cover your shift for a fee. But going anywhere while on pass other than to the mall in Newport News isnt cheap. A cab to VA Beach will run you about $60 one way. IIRC, you can get off-post passes (not overnight) in Phase V ( AIT weeks 5-11). Phase IV you are basically on lockdown with the ability to go to the PX on certain days and on weekends and have the use of your phone after class on personal time. It's not bad, but it's pretty boring there.

Comment

much thanks for the insight..unfortunately i got the short end of the stick and i was enlisting in ged plus and the program ended in my state jan 1 2011...so i will be unable to enlist with that program..

Comment

I ship to Ft. Eustis before the end of the Month. Any chance I can ask for a weekend pass? There's a Goruck ( if you don't know what it is go to goruck.com and discover something awesome) happening in September that's just 2 hours from the base, and I'd love to be able to do it, but I'd obviously need a weekend off base pass. It'll also be towards the end (within 3 weeks) of my scheduled cycle.

Comment

Working...
                      X