X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIT and sports supplements.

What are the regulations on Legal supplements while in ait? Is ther a weight room?
    Can you mail order supplements?
    (creatine,protine,testosterone boosters,1Ad and things of that nature such has GNC sells)

Ill be stationed at FT.Lee And would like to put back some muscle after BCT robs me of it.

Re: AIT and sports supplements.

Originally posted by Army noob View Post
    What are the regulations on Legal supplements while in ait? Is ther a weight room?
    Can you mail order supplements?
    (creatine,protine,testosterone boosters,1Ad and things of that nature such has GNC sells)

Ill be stationed at FT.Lee And would like to put back some muscle after BCT robs me of it.
    During 31B AIT, we couldn't even buy Advil during the AIT portion of IET. A friend that went through 91B AIT bought GAKIC, LEUKIC, etc., so it's possible depending on your unit. Honestly... Relax, bro'. You'll find out when you get there and you're not going to waste away if you can't get your "protine."

Supplements can be very effective when used properly. I'm a fan. That said, they have no business in your BCT preparation planning as you approach your ship date.

Comment

Originally posted by chd View Post
      . Honestly... Relax, bro'. You'll find out when you get there and you're not going to waste away if you can't get your "protine.".
      LOL..yea,Im just looking to make the most of my time there.

This guy freaks out when he runs out of protien...hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M
      Last edited by Army noob; October 21st, 2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Army noob View Post
        LOL..yea,Im just looking to make the most of my time there.

This guy freaks out when he runs out of protien...hehe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M
        During your AIT you will not be allowed to have protien or anything like that. But you will be eatting more than enough to bulk up if you work out. You will have time to go to the gym and such, especially with the way they are giving passes now

Comment

Good point. I eat better on drill weekends then I do at home.

Comment

Where do you think that protein comes from????? HMMMMMmmmm???????? Milk, drink it. I have many thoughts on weightlifting none of which have been proven other than the fact I bench 335, deadlift 560, used to do sets of 15 pullups.

If it was me, I would focus on maxing the pt test. And get that badge and promotions points, that's what counts.

Comment

During 31B AIT, we couldn't even buy Advil during the AIT portion of IET. A friend that went through 91B AIT bought GAKIC, LEUKIC, etc., so it's possible depending on your unit. Honestly... Relax, bro'. You'll find out when you get there and you're not going to waste away if you can't get your "protine."

Supplements can be very effective when used properly. I'm a fan. That said, they have no business in your BCT preparation planning as you approach your ship date.
              Why don't they have business during your BCT prep?

Comment

Maybe cause your body will crash when they are suddenly stopped??

Im using lots of b12,fish oil,water,orange juice and chickin.

Comment

Originally posted by Killjoysux View Post
                  Why don't they have business during your BCT prep?
                  I said "...as you approach your ship date." Do what you need to do in the months leading up to your ship date to get strong, lose weight or whatever.

Personally, and I don't have any science to back this up necessarily, but I'd stop most supplements a couple weeks prior to your ship date to let you body adjust to working without the help. When you get to BCT, you'll have the runs for a while and then get all blocked up. For a good month, you'll believe in the saltpeter myth and wonder if your little man will ever rise to see the sunrise ever again. This doesn't include trying to stay awake and getting smoke all day during Red Phase. Your body goes through some changes regardless of your fitness level.

Now, it wasn't that bad. But it wouldn't hurt (a) to save your body any more changes from drastically changing your supplement schedule and (b) to get used to working out without three scoops of Jack3d/N.O.-Explode/Cell-Tech and a fistful of pills.

Comment

For a good month, you'll believe in the saltpeter myth and wonder if your little man will ever rise to see the sunrise ever again.
                    Well duh your around a bunch of guys,Id have salt peter to.LOL

But why would we have the runs? just from the change of diet? I only get runs if I eat junk fast food.

Comment

I said "...as you approach your ship date." Do what you need to do in the months leading up to your ship date to get strong, lose weight or whatever.

Personally, and I don't have any science to back this up necessarily, but I'd stop most supplements a couple weeks prior to your ship date to let you body adjust to working without the help. When you get to BCT, you'll have the runs for a while and then get all blocked up. For a good month, you'll believe in the saltpeter myth and wonder if your little man will ever rise to see the sunrise ever again. This doesn't include trying to stay awake and getting smoke all day during Red Phase. Your body goes through some changes regardless of your fitness level.

Now, it wasn't that bad. But it wouldn't hurt (a) to save your body any more changes from drastically changing your supplement schedule and (b) to get used to working out without three scoops of Jack3d/N.O.-Explode/Cell-Tech and a fistful of pills.
                      You don't need the supplements people. Trust me. You will have the food and protien and nutrients you need. When we say the army provides you everything you need, food counts. You wil be "working out" and doing what you need to... You won't lost as much weight as you think, and if you do, it's fat weight.

Comment

your waist could/should decrease a few inches and you might gain muscle weight, not a whole bunch, but enough to notice.

Comment

Working...
                        X