X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about 92W Water Sanitization AIT

Hey everybody! new to the forum. I joined because my girlfriend is about to graduate bootcamp and is going to be in the 92w program for water sanitization at Fort Lee Virginia. Im just curious about how often I will be able to see her and how much freedom she will have. I beleive its a 16 week program for 92w. I heard longer AIT's they give weekends off. Is this true? And what about during the week does she have nights off? And also what is she allowed to have there? Can i bring her her computer, ipod, food, clothes and all kinds of luxuries like that? Thanks everyone!

Re: Questions about 92W Water Sanitization AIT

Forgot to ask about deployment. Does 92w water sanitization have a high rate of deployment? and what types? thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Clawdaddy View Post
      Forgot to ask about deployment. Does 92w water sanitization have a high rate of deployment? and what types? thanks again!
      Deployment depends a lot on unit, not job.

Comment

Which units deploy more? I'm sorry i don't know much, but trying to learn! when does she know what unit shes in?

Comment

She already knows what unit she's in (although she may not know much about it). If she's in the National Guard, no matter what job or unit, she can expect to mobilize one year out of every 4-6. Your mileage may vary, but that is the average for the entire force.

On long AITs, the general rule is that she'll get increased freedoms and luxuries as time progresses. I recommend having those nice things ready to send her, but don't show up with them on the first day. Don't expect to see much of her during that time period, either. If a federal holiday falls during her AIT, she may get that day off (don't make big plans, because it's not for-sure).

Comment

Watch "In the Army Now".. its all you need to know about Water Purification

Comment

So im told about in the army now. Il have to check it out! That ***** i won't get to see her much i got the impression from a lot of other stuff I read that a lot of longer AIT's get weekends off. I actually got a hold of her recruiter and he said as far as he knows there is no plans for anyone getting deployed until at least 2012. Not sure how sure he was about that. So will I be able to go see her at all at any time there? Or is it really rare for that to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Clawdaddy View Post
                So im told about in the army now. Il have to check it out! That ***** i won't get to see her much i got the impression from a lot of other stuff I read that a lot of longer AIT's get weekends off. I actually got a hold of her recruiter and he said as far as he knows there is no plans for anyone getting deployed until at least 2012. Not sure how sure he was about that. So will I be able to go see her at all at any time there? Or is it really rare for that to happen?
                It really depends on how long she's there. I had to wait 12 weeks to have nearly unlimited freedoms, but I was also in AIT for 5 months or so. I would coordinate and ask her about good times to see her.

Comment

Some states deploy more like every 3 years. Things are changing though, there is going to start being more time inbewteen. To reset the force.

Comment

the best thing to do is just wait until she gets there. she'll find out pretty quick within the first week what it's going to be like. she should be able to ask students further along in their training than her about it.

just plan on not being able to see her much while she's there......if at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X