X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 13f Osut

13fox here. Spent part of last January and all of Feburary in AIT. Late winter is decent for the fister course, but we had very strange weather including a severe ice storm that shut down the base for a few days.

13F AIT is not OUST. It is a 6-7 week course and you can do BCT somewhere else and still be sent to Fort Sill for AIT (I went to Lost in the Woods for BCT).

The first few weeks are kinda boring. Lots of map reading and land nav. Easy stuff. The last few weeks are pretty fun when we actually start doing some FO activities.

It's fun and very easy. Just work as hard as you can and stay positive. For my class, if we were able to pass the *one* APFT that was required during our course, we were able to graduate.

Even though it is slightly laid back and simple, don't build an attitude while you are in AIT. There are several hardcore, experienced, and decorated Fisters running AIT there and if you act like you know more than they do, they will strike you down fast and hard.

Stay modest and learn as much as you can.

Comment

On the positive side you will have brand new barracks, classrooms and a top-notch DFAC with flat panel TVs....

Comment

So my recruiter says that there still is 13F OSUT? can anyone confirm this? Maybe he's confused? If there is 13F OSUT would it be harder than regular BCT at Fort Sill? It wouldn't be Coed would it?

Comment

It's not OSUT and 13F AIT is not Coed. Males only.

Comment

I'm a Fister, and I went to Ft. Still for BCT. There are non Coed companies and batteries at Ft. Sill, don't think that just by going there you will be put into a Coed BCT. Sill BCT was not easy by any means and you get the same training no matter where you go. AIT for a 13F was great. You will learn a lot but be prepared for some long days in the classroom, on the simulator, and on the OP.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, unfortunately I won't be a forward observer though.There were no slots open in my state so I signed for 13B my second choice.

Comment

This thread was very informational. Thanks to all who replied. I will be shipping out for Fort Sill in February 2012 for BCT and AIT as a 13F.

Comment

Working...
                X