Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

13f Osut

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 13f Osut

    Hello everyone,
    I'm wondering if any of you have any information on what 13F OSUT is like.How hard is it? Did you learn a lot at OSUT? and do you enjoy the MOS? Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: 13f Osut

    Any 13F's out there.....?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 13f Osut

      I'm not a Fister, but I know that a couple years ago, they did away with the OSUT for 13F. You may still go to BCT at Sill and AIT at Sill, but you will not be in the same Unit the entire time. In fact, I went to BCT at Benning with 3 Fisters.

      EDIT: I can help a little with the question, having known a few... AIT is high speed, lots of rucks, lots of field training. Prepare to watch Deltas line up for the bus to go to our air conditioned classroom, while you stand in full battle rattle waiting for your cattle truck to take you to the field for the day. I can say though, that Fisters are a different breed, and solid and tough dudes. A very respectable MOS.
      Last edited by Lance13A; August 25th, 2010, 01:47 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 13f Osut

        Originally posted by Lance13D
        I'm not a Fister, but I know that a couple years ago, they did away with the OSUT for 13F. You may still go to BCT at Sill and AIT at Sill, but you will not be in the same Unit the entire time. In fact, I went to BCT at Benning with 3 Fisters.

        EDIT: I can help a little with the question, having known a few... AIT is high speed, lots of rucks, lots of field training. Prepare to watch Deltas line up for the bus to go to our air conditioned classroom, while you stand in full battle rattle waiting for your cattle truck to take you to the field for the day. I can say though, that Fisters are a different breed, and solid and tough dudes. A very respectable MOS.
        Thanks for the informative reply! In that case I'll ask my recruiter if I can go to BCT at Ft. Benning or Ft. Knox so I can get some tougher training seeing as how those two locations are the only non-coed training posts left.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 13f Osut

          Originally posted by jc091393
          Thanks for the informative reply! In that case I'll ask my recruiter if I can go to BCT at Ft. Benning or Ft. Knox so I can get some tougher training seeing as how those two locations are the only non-coed training posts left.
          As I'm sure you'll see other posters say on here, that doesn't guarantee your BCT experience will be tougher. Yeah, I went to Benning, and yeah, my BCT was 9.5 weeks of complete torture and misery. On that same token, I saw guys from other companies getting pizza delivered after winning the BRM ribbon. It really just depends on the 1SG and Co. Commander. Granted, going to an all-male BCT will probably increase your chances of getting a tougher training experience, simply because there are more salty combat arms CSMs, 1SGs, and DSs that want to make sure you go through the same **** they did, but like I said, no guarantees.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 13f Osut

            Thanks for the reply! that's shocking! they had pizza delivered to them?! Anyways,If what you say is true,that I don't have any guarantees of having 10 weeks of pain and misery,the best I can do is at least try to go to Benning or Knox instead of the others and hope that I get some mean,nasty,salty,cruel,evil,maniacal drill sergeants!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 13f Osut

              Originally posted by jc091393
              hope that I get some mean,nasty,salty,cruel,evil,maniacal drill sergeants!
              You say this now lol wait until you get them. becareful what you wish for.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 13f Osut

                Originally posted by jc091393
                hope that I get some mean,nasty,salty,cruel,evil,maniacal drill sergeants!
                i think you watched full metal jacket toomany times....it's really not that funny in real life vs the big screen

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 13f Osut

                  Originally posted by SGT Bart
                  i think you watched full metal jacket toomany times....it's really not that funny in real life vs the big screen
                  Maybe, but I've been to a USMC poolee function once where they brought in drill instructors to PT us and thrash us and it was awesome! I loved every minute of it.At NJROTC leadership academy they had former drill instructors come to train us for a week.I loved it.I love discipline and being told what to do.Makes me feel like I have a sense of urgency and purpose.Maybe I'm weird?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 13f Osut

                    Originally posted by jc091393
                    Maybe, but I've been to a USMC poolee function once where they brought in drill instructors to PT us and thrash us and it was awesome! I loved every minute of it.At NJROTC leadership academy they had former drill instructors come to train us for a week.I loved it.I love discipline and being told what to do.Makes me feel like I have a sense of urgency and purpose.Maybe I'm weird?
                    you'll like being a fister, then.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 13f Osut

                      Originally posted by jc091393
                      Thanks for the reply! that's shocking! they had pizza delivered to them?! Anyways,If what you say is true,that I don't have any guarantees of having 10 weeks of pain and misery,the best I can do is at least try to go to Benning or Knox instead of the others and hope that I get some mean,nasty,salty,cruel,evil,maniacal drill sergeants!
                      BRM is a pretty important skill they teach and a success like taking the ribbon is celebrated... We got a pizza/movie for taking the ribbon and everyone who shot shot Expert also got a Burger King lunch. So yeah.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 13f Osut

                        Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701
                        BRM is a pretty important skill they teach and a success like taking the ribbon is celebrated... We got a pizza/movie for taking the ribbon and everyone who shot shot Expert also got a Burger King lunch. So yeah.
                        That did not happen at my company. We were marched to the PX where we were permitted to buy one small milkshake, either oreo or reeses pieces. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome. And I'm glad we didn't get pizza, I can't imagine throwing that up the next hour when we were getting smoked hahaha

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 13f Osut

                          Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701
                          BRM is a pretty important skill they teach and a success like taking the ribbon is celebrated... We got a pizza/movie for taking the ribbon and everyone who shot shot Expert also got a Burger King lunch. So yeah.

                          Really?!?!?! I shot high BRM for my battery at Ft Sill BCT a few months ago. I didn't get anything like that. I did, however get a coin on family day and got to sit in the front row for graduation and go on stage after the distinguised honor grad.

                          In all we had 5 experts. 4 were from my platoon and one from another. My platoon still lost the BRM streamer...


                          Oh, BTW.. if you got to Ft.Sill for AIT and BCT try to go in late winter, early spring. In June its in the upper 90s - 100 every day and the wind blowing (constantly) feels like a blow-dryer.
                          Last edited by jaydez; September 1st, 2010, 02:54 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 13f Osut

                            Originally posted by jaydez
                            Oh, BTW.. if you got to Ft.Sill for AIT and BCT try to go in late winter, early spring. In June its in the upper 90s - 100 every day and the wind blowing (constantly) feels like a blow-dryer.
                            AIT is especially terrible. Standing in formation in those god forsaken berets with the 100 degree sun heating those things up like ovens is brutal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 13f Osut

                              Originally posted by Lance13D
                              AIT is especially terrible. Standing in formation in those god forsaken berets with the 100 degree sun heating those things up like ovens is brutal.
                              I agree 150%. I just got home from Sill last week. Living in Dallas, I thought I knew how to sweat.....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X