Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just enlisted and had a few questions.

Originally posted by Pvt. Z
    I'm not sure if I followed you correctly. Would an "active first" contract mean talking to the army first then being sent to NG?

I was refered to my recruiter by my brother who was NG. I wasn't aware if there was a difference in recruiting. Also the first thing I requested to my recruiter was AD, so if I would of went to an actual Army recruiter instead of NG would I had the chance to get a AD contract?

Z

Um basicaly yes if you went to a actualy army recruiter you "possibly" of gotten into the active army.

Again I am no means a AD army recruiter and in no way know their standards that they have right now.

The NG can recruit for the AD army with the "active first contract" the Active army of course has thier own recruiters.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike2K
      Is anyone else still getting these mother ******* astrixes when you type ****!

No its fixed, except you are cursing.... and thats called a language filter

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.tischner
        No its fixed, except you are cursing.... and thats called a language filter
        Oh. Opps, my bad...

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.tischner
          Um basicaly yes if you went to a actualy army recruiter you "possibly" of gotten into the active army.

Again I am no means a AD army recruiter and in no way know their standards that they have right now.

The NG can recruit for the AD army with the "active first contract" the Active army of course has thier own recruiters.
          If this is true then I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Any words of advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Pvt. Z
            If this is true then I'm not going to be a happy camper.

Any words of advice?
            Pull up your pants, Take it as a lesson learned.

Hind sight is always 20 20.

Its not your recruiters fualt, he did what he was trained to do, get you in the guard.

There was no way he knew that you didnt know there was active duty recruiters.

You are in now, go to training, do your duty and try and go active when you get back, there is really nothing you can do, and even if you do find something , its not the best idea to try and do anything now.

Go to basic and ait, do the dance, get back and maybe it will be the best for you in the future.

Comment

Go to school using the Guard.

If you already went to school...do it again.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I am a bit down. But its not the end of the world. I'll get over it.

Comment

Working...
                X