X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing AIT Ship Date

So, I FINALLY got my ship date for AIT. My recruiter called me yesterday and told me that it was June 4th, but since I graduate High School on the 6th that he'd try to change it to the 7th or 8th. I'm all psyched about it being a June, perfect for me because I'd applied to start college during the next spring semester. This morning though, at drill, I find out that my ship date is actually the 4th of August instead. (major FML moment to say the least) Is there ANY way I can get the date I ship moved up any sooner? If I leave in August, I have no guarantees that I'll start college on-time in the Spring.

Re: Changing AIT Ship Date

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier
    So, I FINALLY got my ship date for AIT. My recruiter called me yesterday and told me that it was June 4th, but since I graduate High School on the 6th that he'd try to change it to the 7th or 8th. I'm all psyched about it being a June, perfect for me because I'd applied to start college during the next spring semester. This morning though, at drill, I find out that my ship date is actually the 4th of August instead. (major FML moment to say the least) Is there ANY way I can get the date I ship moved up any sooner? If I leave in August, I have no guarantees that I'll start college on-time in the Spring.
    Not impossible....since he already changed it once. Depends on seats avail and recruiter's ability to get it done.
    Last edited by SteveLord; March 6th, 2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

yeah, about a hundred years ago when I started, my original ship date was early in June, then the recruiter changed it for me to the day after high school graduation.(May 29) It didn't make a difference, I was just at reception longer. Your case is different, maybe, but you're probably driving your POV to Fort Sam?

If you're driving let your recruiter know, that might help. Depending upon your location, you might be able to get up early in the morning and drive in the same day.

Comment

I don't think it can be changed, apparently there's only two sessions for 68W AIT one in January, one in August. I'm not going to drive either, it would be too much to worry about with the car, too much to pay for with gas, and I'm not sure I'll even be able to use it right off the bat in phase 4.

Comment

Working...
        X