X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68W training ft.sam?

Looking for personal stories of 68W training?

Re: 68W training ft.sam?

Originally posted by c0mbatmedic
    no

Comment

Originally posted by c0mbatmedic
      Are you asking or offering?

If you are offering, then sure. I enjoy reading experiences of other people who are doing an MOS I'm considering. I'm between 68W and 31B for choices. Any info would be great

Comment

I'm not quite sure whether you're soliciting stories or asking for them, but I'm at Ft. Sam right now and if you have any particular questions I'd do my best to answer them.

Comment

Originally posted by DBK
          I'm not quite sure whether you're soliciting stories or asking for them, but I'm at Ft. Sam right now and if you have any particular questions I'd do my best to answer them.
          Were you an EMT or anything before you went in? Just wondering how training was if you had a background in EMS.

What's your favorite, and least favorite part of AIT?

Comment

I just graduated from Ft Sam last Friday. I already had my NREMT certification, so I got to skip the EMT side of things. That was probably the smartest thing I've ever done. My favorite part about the training was the 14-day FTX out at Camp Bullis. The least favorite was probably all of the standing around in formation for hours every day for no reason at all......Foxtrot 232: "We just stand there!"

Comment

Originally posted by apagea99
              Foxtrot 232: "We just stand there!"

WOOOOWWW We thought we came up with that freakin 3 years ago.. I wonder how long it's actually been around?

Is Mayberry the XO? He was a Drill Sergeant when I went through.

Comment

Originally posted by mryan525
                WOOOOWWW We thought we came up with that freakin 3 years ago.. I wonder how long it's actually been around?

Is Mayberry the XO? He was a Drill Sergeant when I went through.
                LMAO We heard it from the retired cameraman who was filming our "war days" at Camp Bullis

I didn't see any Mayberrys there. We didn't have an XO at all until about 4 weeks before graduation and his name was Hussain

Comment

The training at Ft Sam needs to be redone. Learn to love drinking... cuz that's all anyone does. The Hacienda has good food. If you are there during the summer... Drink water for God's sake. Drinking and Taxis don't mix, they tend to drive all over the place to charge you more. FTX was good. The food wasn't bad, Slagel is a nightmare, go to the Rocco as often as possible.

Comment

Any truth to the rumors that they're doing away with the EMT-B certification test to graduate AIT?

Comment

Er, I highly doubt it.

Comment

That would be very doubtful. The EMT certification is the main base of training. With out that basic knowledge, I personally wouldn't want you to treat me. I say this as a EMT and I know a few who even with the training could use more honing of their skills.

Comment

Working...
                        X