X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: B-i-b-l-e, photos, and Address list

LOL I wish there was a like buttonfor Phantom's out of nowheres sarcasm. He is upcoming to be one of my favorite mods, BUT NOT YET

Comment

Originally posted by Rokovak
      B i b l e is a bad word, but Quran Quran Qur'an is not.

I'm...I'm speechless. WOW.
      I'm not a christian, but that just sincerely bothered me.
      No religious book should be blocked by a word filter. That's absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
        Then it's up to them to determine if your problem is a real problem. I say this because I personally had some experiance with that. Trust me if they won't let you see one then you WILL NOT see one. I guarrante it
        That is true. You are not always afforded the chance to speak with a chaplain. In our BCT you better have had a **** good reason, if the DS thought it wasnt good enough - you didnt talk to the chaplain. They assured us the Chaplain was much too busy for our petty whining and crying.

Then again, if you were severaly having issues and it was obvious and you had probably been counseled or talked to a DS in a trust situation, they allowed it. Took about 2-3 weeks out to schedule the appointment though.

Comment

Originally posted by qcomer
          That is true. You are not always afforded the chance to speak with a chaplain. In our BCT you better have had a **** good reason, if the DS thought it wasnt good enough - you didnt talk to the chaplain. They assured us the Chaplain was much too busy for our petty whining and crying.

Then again, if you were severaly having issues and it was obvious and you had probably been counseled or talked to a DS in a trust situation, they allowed it. Took about 2-3 weeks out to schedule the appointment though.
          Yeah the Drill Sergeants an *******. I just felt like saying that

Comment

Bottom line is when you are there you are on your own. You can't even write letters if they won't let you.

Comment

are you guys saying some DS's don't let trainees write letters? I would think the trainees still get 30 minutes at the end of the day, from 8:30-9:00 p.m., before lights out to take care of personal business?

I think they called it personal time?

It's been too long, obviously, but I don't remember a DS messing with us after about 8:00 p.m. We were too tired to do anything to get in trouble that late anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband View Post
                are you guys saying some DS's don't let trainees write letters? I would think the trainees still get 30 minutes at the end of the day, from 8:30-9:00 p.m., before lights out to take care of personal business?

I think they called it personal time?

It's been too long, obviously, but I don't remember a DS messing with us after about 8:00 p.m. We were too tired to do anything to get in trouble that late anyway.
                They can do whatever they want to you and everyone else

Comment

My experience on Sand Hill, Fort Benning (November 2008-March 2009) was not that bad. We had endless supplies of Bibles available to us, they were small enough to fit in the shoulder pocket. Most guys had a Ranger handbook in one and their Bible on the other.

I brought a journal with me which had names and addresses of people I wanted to send letters to as well as a bunch of stationary. The best time to write letters, I found, was when you were doing your laundry. For the sake of expediency and the safety of your belongings it was always a good idea to stay in the laundry room while your stuff was washing which gave you plenty of time to write letters and doodle and read the "good book". You just have to decide which was more important, sleep or bible study, letter writing and clean clothes.

Comment

No other book in the world is like the good book, the most copied text of the ancient world. The closest text by way of manuscripts is Homer's Illiad with 500 copies, where as the bible has over 5,000, up to 25,000 ancient copies of copies. It's the most reliable text of the ancient world. With about 44 authors and written over 1,500 years, it is a very distinct text. Influencing three of the five major world religions, that equal half or a slim majority of the world's population. Indeed it is a text worth reading.

Comment

So since this thread veered a bit, I just want to make sure. Taking ones own 'religious book' to Basic Training is allowed? Or is it stowed away with ones 'personal items'? It would be pocket/travel size, lile 4'' x 6''.

Comment

Working...
                      X