X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• summer basic training

When is the latest someone can go to summer basic training of they have school in late August, because my parents are saying they dont think i will go this summer because i still havn't done MEPS (which my recruiter said we would do in the beggining of June, just dont know exact day yet) and now I'm a little worried I wont go.

Thanks

Re: summer basic training

Your training dates are based off of your selected MOS. Some only have so many schools a year due to their length. You wont actually know until that is decided. To give you an example, I helped enlist a friend of mine Friday a week ago and he leaves for BCT Tuesday. So, he only had 10 days to get his ducks in a row. Myself on the other hand enlisted April 5 and dont leave until September. So, depending on what you are going to do, you're still in good shape I think.

**EDIT**
    After re-reading your post, it sounds like you mean to return to school in August. I think there is a Split Option for people in your situation. Unfortunately, I dont know too much about that. Im sure someone will chime in though...
    Last edited by Dave-O; May 31st, 2010, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Considering this week begins the month of June...and basic is roughly 10 weeks long, you better be leaving real soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wrlakers@aol.com
        When is the latest someone can go to summer basic training of they have school in late August, because my parents are saying they dont think i will go this summer because i still havn't done MEPS (which my recruiter said we would do in the beggining of June, just dont know exact day yet) and now I'm a little worried I wont go.

Thanks
        You can do the split option program and only go to basic this summer, but if you want to return in time for school its probably not likely if you go this year. Some recruiters have pushed people's ship dates back until the following summer for college students, so that is also a possibility

Comment

You may be able to get an early ship date from your rsp unit but they told me at meps split op was closed this year so you may be waiting till your a senior anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
            You may be able to get an early ship date from your rsp unit but they told me at meps split op was closed this year so you may be waiting till your a senior anyway.
            If he's talking about going to school in Aug... that sounds like he's going into his freshman year of college? Is this correct?

Comment

He said he was in the 11th grade in the smp thread and was asking about ROTC scholarships so assumed high school.

Comment

Didn't read his other thread or didn't recognize the name... As you were lol. But in the case of that question... don't you have to be 18 or grad HS to go to Basic? I was 17 and a junior when I joined and had to wait to go to OSUT until the following summer but didn't know which was the reason

Comment

thanks for the info and help, Hopefully I will go, been waiting 3 years to join the guard.

Comment

Working...
                  X