X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Hair question

Ok so this question might be random and a little stupid, but do females have to cut their hair before BT? Or do we just need it up and out of our faces?

Re: Female Hair question

Originally posted by katlynhillyer2010
    Ok so this question might be random and a little stupid, but do females have to cut their hair before BT? Or do we just need it up and out of our faces?

It has to be in a bun, not touching the colar of the uniform.

No you do not need to cut it

Comment

I am going to get a short bob just so I don't have to worry about it. Basic is hard enough without hair issues.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
        I am going to get a short bob just so I don't have to worry about it. Basic is hard enough without hair issues.

The female DS will help you figure out the easiest and fastest way to get your hair within reg.

If you cut your hair I would wait till you are in basic first to see if you can deal with your hair.

Comment

I know female recruits on Parris Island do something with a sock. They cut the toe off of a tube sock and use it to quickly roll their hair in a bun. Don't ask how it works, because I have no clue. I thought it was a myth until a female Marine at Camp Lejeune showed me the sock in her hair.

Comment

my hair isn't long enough to put in a bun right now. It just barely goes to my shoulders.

Comment

can I get this cut and still be good with regs.

I don't want a shaved head but do plan on cutting it pretty short think melissa etheridge short.

Comment

That style would work and is within regs. The problem I see with it is if your hair grows while at training and you need a trim to stay within regs. The barbers you have access to at BCT and AIT arent so much the ones you want to be going to. They are VERY good at what they do, they just dont deal with female styles as often as most go off post if not in IET. A reg is a reg, however, in IET the Drills are going to be all over it more then in 'real' life. Soon as it touches more then half your collar they are going to be all over you. I found it easier to keep longer hair personally. But if you are ok with the amount of time you will be at training and it either being short enough to begin with or going to the barber, then have at it!

Comment

lol, dadt.

I will only be in basic 9 weeks, shouldn't grow too much in that time.

Comment

Seriously you guys? lol You dont know what she looks like, it might look wonderful on her so shhhhhhhhush. lol

Comment

me.......

Comment

mother is worried.

Comment

I do not have the greatest vision. I refused to wear those dang glasses in BCT. Everyone looks funny in them, but i'm a pretty small person. And they messed them up and I swear made them for like an 800 pound man. No kidding, i tired on others...they were much smaller... So I just barely made standard qualifying. I couldnt see a thing! I now get real high scores since I can see! I just thought that was kinda funny.

Comment

I can not see, I'll hafta wear them although meps gave me a different prescription than my eye doctor.
                            Last edited by RyCass; October 22nd, 2012, 11:45 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comment

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
                              I can not see, I'll hafta wear them although meps gave me a different prescription than my eye doctor.
                              LOL...Ole to be 19 again......
                              Last edited by RyCass; October 22nd, 2012, 11:45 AM. Reason: Inappropriate quote comment

Comment

Working...
                              X