Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running in bct

how far and what times are they asking for

Re: running in bct

I know that you have to be able to run a 2 mile in under 15 mins for your physical, along with doing X amount of push ups/sit ups in under 2 mins.

But thats just for your pyhsical, if thats whatyou were wondering.
    As far as running in BCT as a whole,.... alot? lol

Comment

15:54 is the minimum passing grade for the youngest age group. Every other one is higher.

Granted, you won't be "officially" graded on this until maybe your 4th/5th PT test.

Comment

On the plus side, if your not in shape now, you will be lol. I've never been in that bad of shape myself, but I've still been working out every day untill I leave for Arkansas. My brothers who are in the Army allready suggested that I get used to running 4 miles a Day before I leave, and so i figured I would heed their advice and hope to be ready lol.

Comment

thanks guys

it doesnt sound to bad.
          do the females do the same as us guys

Comment

Originally posted by NEW GUY
            thanks guys

it doesnt sound to bad.
            Their standards are different but they do the same pt workouts as the guys.

Comment

thanks guys

it doesnt sound to bad.
              Ya you'll be fine, i'll give you the same advice my brothers gave me.

Left foot, Right foor, inhale, exhale. lol

Helpfull right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1988
                Ya you'll be fine, i'll give you the same advice my brothers gave me.

Left foot, Right foor, inhale, exhale. lol

Helpfull right?
                SILLY
                BUT IM SURE IF I TAKE THAT ADVISE ILL DO JUST FINE, LOL .

THANKS

Comment

Ok That Was Help Full Info.

But What About Push Ups .

I Think I Asked This Already But Forgot What Thread It Was In.

I Saw Some Thing Like 100 P/u In 2 Min ,

Comment

Dude, Google is your friend. Is it harder to type "Army push up standards" or post ten times asking "Some Thing Like 100 P/u In 2 Min ," ???

Unless you're apprehensive about the spelling of a duosyllabic word ("standards"), come on now...

Comment

I know it goes by your age, heres a link that might help.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/apa/rc/apft.htm

Comment

Originally posted by chd
                        Dude, Google is your friend. Is it harder to type "Army push up standards" or post ten times asking "Some Thing Like 100 P/u In 2 Min ," ???

Unless you're apprehensive about the spelling of a duosyllabic word ("standards"), come on now...
                        i guess that means you dont know .
                        i am sure i would get a answer by googling but if its gonna be accurate or not is a different story, and why google
                        when i can ask you guys , if that was the case this site would have no purpose.
                        right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1988
                          I know it goes by your age, heres a link that might help.

http://www.usarec.army.mil/hq/apa/rc/apft.htm

thank you ,
                          your the man

correct me if im wrong but im 25 so that means i would have to do a min of 31 to score a 50 and pass.
                          if this is correct what would be the incentive to do more than the minimum
                          Last edited by NEW GUY; February 4th, 2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

i guess that means you dont know .
                            i am sure i would get a answer by googling but if its gonna be accurate or not is a different story, and why google
                            when i can ask you guys , if that was the case this site would have no purpose.
                            right ?

No, it means this site has been in existence for quite a few years now, and that those with a higher post count have seen these questions, have answered these questions, and have gotten annoyed with the same questions quite a few times before.

The results you find off Google may or may not be accurate... I would say not any more or less accurate then getting answers from anonymous people off the internet, some of whom may not have ever served a day in their life.

The purpose of various websites like GoArmy.com or Military.com posting such information is so that people like you can find it readily available. It's for your convenience. It's so you can easily look it up, rather then have to ask around, which is what you're doing. That's "why google", as you so eloquently put it.

This site serves multiple functions. You are correct in assuming that it is a source of information for potential recruits to ask Guardsmen certain questions. However, it is also a discussion board with, as you can see, a multitude of different topics. That being said, if you search through prior threads you will see that many basic questions have either been answered previously, or the OP has been instructed to utilize a search engine.

Comment

thank you ,
                              your the man

correct me if im wrong but im 25 so that means i would have to do a min of 31 to score a 50 and pass.
                              if this is correct what would be the incentive to do more than the minimum
                              That is partially correct, to graduate BCT you have to obtain a min score of 50% which for a 25 year old male would be 31 pushups. But to pass an Army PFT you have to obtain a min score of 60% which would be 40. The reason you want to obtain the max score possible is for promotion, the better your PFT score the more points you get, the more points you have the better your chances of being promoted quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X