X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous word filters

I recently saw some interesting stars on this forum, and a word that was apparently split into pieces to avoid the filter. Turns out that word is allowed, but it doesn't change my point. That word was Bible: the collected holy books of ************, as opposed to the
    *****, which is the collected holy books of the *****. Both religions are similar in some ways to *******, which has the Torah and the Talmud as its main scriptures.

We shouldn't filter religions. That's absurd.

Now, we can get into DODT, that thing that we were recently authorized to discuss with our higher ups about *** and ******* people and if we thought they should be able to be in the army or not. I guess we're still not allowed to discuss it with our message board though.

It's even getting hard to discuss the main mission of the Army, which during war time is to shoot, move, and communicate, with the intended effect being to **** the ***** using either a gun, a ****, or a tank. I mean, War is ****. It's an **** truth.

Is there any way to take some of these harmless words off the filter list so that innocent soldiers don't feel like criminals trying to skirt around the rules? Also, so that when I say that the army taught me how to K I L L like a machine it doesn't look like "**** like a machine?" I'd **** it if somebody thought I was cursing.

1) Ch ris ti anity
    2) Kor a n
    3) Is lam
    4) Jud a i sm
    5) G a y
    6) Le sb ian
    7) K il l
    8) En em y
    9) Bo mb
    10) He L L
    11) U G ly
    12) Don't worry, I actually said "K il l" that time, too. I don't think that highly of myself.
    13) H a te
    Last edited by Lance13A; August 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM.

Re: Ridiculous word filters

Atleast they fixed the word tuna, cause it was banned until yesterday as was Bible

Comment

You haven't been around in the last 3 months from the looks of it. I believe shortly after this was sprung on us, the administrator was changed. He/they have made a few changes to it. Yes, it stinks.

It's not something the mods can control, but we have brought it up several times.

Comment

Here's an idea why not just get rid of the word filter altogether? I mean look were all adults here I think we can all handle what a person rights on this message board and at least try not to be offended by it.

Comment

If they're gonna keep the filter they should at least make it less retarded so it doesn't filter out b e a v e r for example

Comment

Chappy, the problem is that it is severly flawed. You're active enough on here to have seen it. It even blocks words that would be allowed in any church or first grade classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
              You haven't been around in the last 3 months from the looks of it. I believe shortly after this was sprung on us, the administrator was changed. He/they have made a few changes to it. Yes, it stinks.

It's not something the mods can control, but we have brought it up several times.
              Yeah I took the summer off from the board, haha. I came back to stars in every message wondering why everybody was so angry. I don't have a problem with the filter, but it's out of hand. I can't say u G l y? seriously? I mean, you can't outright ban any word that may be used offensively. I can think of quite a few words that are innocent until put together a certain way, and then become explicit. the bottom line is that we have enough mods on the board to notice something that doesn't belong and take it off. A computer program can't read the intent behind a post.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                ah, I'm in favor of keeping it.

It's a good thing. Truthfully, we shouldn't be talking about b ombs and e nemies on the board.

Everything on here must be G rated, the G stands for Gov.
                Chappy, you do know your "G", writes TM's, FM's and papers on B O M B S and our E N E M I E S, everyday right? Its kinda our Bread and Butter.

Comment

ah, I'm in favor of keeping it.

It's a good thing. Truthfully, we shouldn't be talking about b ombs and e nemies on the board.

Everything on here must be G rated, the G stands for Gov.

That's why the News thread was a bad idea. I told them so. Of course I helped in it's fall. Hey if we are going to royal rumble on here, I want to elbow smash from the top rope too.

Keep the filter!

But make is EO sensitive. So I don't have to file a complaint.
                  Your kidding right? This is a military website so why there be talk of b ombs and e nemies? Your responsible for getting rid of the news thread that was a good thing.

Comment

Probably, no 12 year old kids dreaming of being soldiers snooping around either.

I was reading an article on ptsd the other day and it said the work Ki ll is not in any FMs.
                    12 year old kids know what an e nemy is. It's not a bad word.

Comment

This is a Recruiting and Retention board.

That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
                        This is a Recruiting and Retention board.

That's it.
                        Yes...and RE4's are the E nemy

Comment

You Are The *****

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
                            You Are The *****
                            Your Mom's the *****

Comment

You two ****** ******* need to **** *** **** ** and get a *** **** ****, this is ********, quit ******* **** other ****, and go ahead and kiss. Ya Jackwagon!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X