X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Positions

Would it be possible to give more detail about the units in the unit finder as well as show the available positions in that unit, kind of like the Air Guard does on their website?

Re: Open Positions

**** thats a lot of information, air guard must be hooked up into that site to see vacancies (4get the site, but their version of the ARNG's one) been our of R&R too long

Comment

That won't help you as much as you think it will. You'd have an uninterpreted snapshop of a moving river, and will be very unintentionally misleading. It won't show pending vacancies, nor pending fills, nor the requirements for the positions, nor any other implications. The average Soldier will be happier not having too much detail on his unit's manning roster.

Comment

I can just imagine the amount of time such a chart would take up in staff meetings. It would be enough to push some poor Chemical officer over the edge just keeping up with the power points.

Some gigantic green, yellow, red chart with every vacancy in the guard lit up.

More useful would be a list of what MOS's are available per state, without regards to vacancies.
        Last edited by show_stopper999; June 17th, 2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I can see where that might be difficult. I was assuming that everything was in a database that was already being updated so it would have just been a matter of having the website querying the database.

I'm still all for the more detailed unit info.

Example:

The closest unit to me is in the Tulsa, OK area:

Co C 1 Bt 279 Inf

Perhaps a list of MOSs as suggested above where I would know these are the jobs (Enlisted, WO, and Officer) that are being used at this unit. They might all be filled at the moment, but this gives you an idea of what kind of personnel make up this particular infantry company (in this case).

Comment

What about possibly listing what MOS's are possibly available in each state? Not necessarily an opening in that MOS, but just a list of possible MOS's you can get?

Comment

Are you guys suggesting that the Moderators and Administrator make this up because A) This type of thing does not exist [for reasons above] and B) I'm not doing it.

Comment

I personally want to take this moment................to nominate myself for this task. Any nay's?
                Last edited by Mr_Loki; October 9th, 2010, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I got no problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                    I got no problem with that.
                    I see what you did there...

Comment

Mess with the bull and you get the horns, WHERE'S IS THE LIST SGT BART?

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                        Mess with the bull and you get the horns, WHERE'S IS THE LIST SGT BART?
                        MAN! YOU did that so quick it did not even list that you edited my post. You sneaky sneaky SGT......

Comment

Working...
                        X