X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro Section

How about adding a mandatory intro section? Could avoid help reduce footinmouth and "you dont know what you're talking about" scenarious.

Re: Intro Section

ArmyRanger.com and ArmyParatrooper.org require it. Good idea.

Comment

I like that idea a lot. I've chewed enough shoe to last a lifetime....

Comment

Except...verifying Ranger status is different. Especially when you have the resources to actually do so.

A Stickied and optional "Introduce Yourself" thread would suffice.
        Last edited by SteveLord; June 13th, 2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
          A Stickied and optional "Introduce Yourself" thread would suffice.
          how to make it mandatory?
          Last edited by SGT Bart; June 14th, 2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
            how to make it mandatory?
            the paratrooper forum makes you read and accept the rules before you can do anything.

Comment

Mandatory is probably beyond the scope of this forum, plus people could always lie anyway since there is no way to verify.

Another option is to put your info in your profile for others to look at before they call you out. No profile info, then maybe you are fair game to get interrogated. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I don't think you would need verification. I mean if someone is claiming to be DELTA/SEAL/RANGER/MALL NINJA, most can easily pick these people out as posers.

Not to pick on the mods but outside of LTC Ritchie, you really don't know their background/experience of any of them. Not suggesting a full bio but just general sketch of military experience.

As far as making it mandatory, why not? Most of the more legit military genre sites require it.

Comment

LOL Mall ninja, Im going to steal this sir, thanks for sharing.

and I'll begin with this, I am indeed a 2 star general..../looks at Avatar, I mean 3 star General.

Comment

The moderators are those who are trustworthy and will follow the rules. What does ARNG stand for anyways?

Comment

Again...I must remind you all of the LIMITED RESOURCES of this forum and those who provide oversight to it.

-There is not an admin position that is staffed 24/7 that responds to yours/our requests within minutes.
                      -There is not a staff of individuals that support this forum.
                      -Although this community has grown, it is not even close to being on a scale that would warrant such changes.
                      -Mods have limited abilities that pretty much extend to various actions involving users and posts.
                      -In the 3 years that I've been here (and I've been active during all of them), these "footinmouth scenarious" are far and few.

Comment

I suppose I can put more of my bio in my profile, but I have to remain anonymous for certain reasons.

Comment

Working...
                        X