X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a Category for MOSs?

I think it'd be great if there was a main category titled "MOSs" with sub categories for each branch. For example:

Administrative
    Arts and Media
    Combat
    Computers and Technology
    Construction and Engineering
    Intelligence and Combat Support
    Legal and Law Enforcement
    Mechanics
    Medical
    Transportation and Aviation

Yes I know, those are taken directly from the goarmy.com website. I just think it might be useful for people who have MOS specific questions.

Re: Add a Category for MOSs?

X2!!!

Great idea!!!

Comment

It's a great idea! Would make it more info specific for potential recruits.

Comment

You got my vote. Although I do find many MOS related topics are also under the respective base they're located at being the question is more about schooling than the actual MOS. So maybe the single category of MOS will satisfy that instead of making it granular?

Comment

Originally posted by Mom's Mistake
          You got my vote. Although I do find many MOS related topics are also under the respective base they're located at being the question is more about schooling than the actual MOS. So maybe the single category of MOS will satisfy that instead of making it granular?
          That would work as well. I just thought reducing it down a bit might help future recruits narrow their searching and questions.

Comment

I am not a recruiter dont try this at your home station.
            OIF I
            OIF II
            Veteran former E-4

Absolutely, there should be catagories for discussion pertaining to Military Occupation Specialty. I think there should be two distinct sepprate features. Those MOS Mentor catigories that only active drilling Guard people can see (they can only see once they are signed in on thier side of the account not accessable to the public this is what military.com was supposed to be before it got bought by monster.com in 2004 and can discuss things amongst themselves for mentoring purposes within thier MOSes). The public view would allow former service people and perspective recruits to post on in an anonomus way.I realy cant emphasise enough, the fact that everone out there in the public is not nessisarily a friend to veterans I had a rude awaking at a VA satilite office from a lady getting ready to retire from the VA a few years ago who was a hippi activist. Just sayin folks.

Comment

I am not a recruiter dont try this at your home station.
              OIF I
              OIF II
              Veteran former E-4, not drilling because the enlistment age is now 35 unstead of 42 could have enlisted...A chance lost to history....

I must reiterate, in case someone posts with a rebuttle "aren't corraspondence courses for training purposes" why would we need a mentor forrum for? Well, for all sorts of training reasons..Might be obvious to some. Not to others.....MOS specific catigories some of the old cold war era vets who trained on Reforger in Europe early 1980's really got to know their equipment and tactics etc....

Comment

I put your disclaimer in your signature, so you don't look so silly putting that at the top of every post. Also, no need to dig up these year old+ threads.

LOCKED since forum options have already changed since this thread.
                Last edited by SteveLord; April 12th, 2011, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X