Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army seeks cadets for leadership training

Staff report
    Posted : Tuesday Dec 27, 2011 10:53:46 EST

Field commands outside the Afghanistan combat theater have been asked to identify as many lieutenant positions as possible that can be used to support the Cadet Troop Leader Training program for the spring and summer of 2012.

The program places U. S. Military Academy and Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets in unit leadership positions for up to four weeks in May, June, July and August.

These temporary assignments represent the most important leadership experience cadets receive before being commissioned.

CTLT positions are with operational and sustaining force units that are outside combat and contingency theaters, but that perform training or operational missions.

The goal is to assign cadets to positions where they will have frequent contact with NCOs and soldiers.

West Point has requirements for about 1,250 CTLT positions this year, including 275-300 positions for women cadets.

Information on ROTC requirements is not available.

Commands are required to notify the Pentagon of their CTLT positions by Jan. 17.

Re: Army seeks cadets for leadership training

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
    Staff report
    Posted : Tuesday Dec 27, 2011 10:53:46 EST

Field commands outside the Afghanistan combat theater have been asked to identify as many lieutenant positions as possible that can be used to support the Cadet Troop Leader Training program for the spring and summer of 2012.

The program places U. S. Military Academy and Reserve Officer Training Corps cadets in unit leadership positions for up to four weeks in May, June, July and August.

These temporary assignments represent the most important leadership experience cadets receive before being commissioned.

CTLT positions are with operational and sustaining force units that are outside combat and contingency theaters, but that perform training or operational missions.

The goal is to assign cadets to positions where they will have frequent contact with NCOs and soldiers.

West Point has requirements for about 1,250 CTLT positions this year, including 275-300 positions for women cadets.

Information on ROTC requirements is not available.

Commands are required to notify the Pentagon of their CTLT positions by Jan. 17.
    For a month; we had a cadet from West Point with us in Germany this year and I remember seeing my first Cadet when I was a trainee at basic training. He invited me and my family to get a tour at West Point even though I been around their grounds so many times. Good kid.

They shadow and execute duties on what a 2LT or Company XO will do.

Very good program
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; December 27th, 2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Lol, try every route to pass the Moderated posts. It'll eventually work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Loki View Post
        Lol, try every route to pass the Moderated posts. It'll eventually work.
        Sorry, thought it was a browser problem on my laptop instead of my usual posts from my iPhone.

Comment

****, I don't care. I sometimes have to approve my own dang posts.

Comment

Working...
          X