Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACU Changes Make Velcro Optional, Patrol Cap Default Headgear

Originally posted by LRSU_Dog View Post
    If you read the article you will see that wear of berets with ACUs in general will be a Commanders policy decision. If your Commander wants the unit to wear ACUs and berets in garrison - then you will. So, options as to what type of headgear to wear and when will be a more local policy for some.
    I received the directive today on the military net and from an email our Commander sent out. The Commander will have the option to utilize the beret with the ACUs for an occasion like with a Change of Command or Change/Assumption of Responsiblity. They do not have the latitude of making the black beret the primary headgear for the unit.

There might be a lack of interpretation since we recently witnessed a Guard Commander making the PC the primary headgear even before this decision was made.

If Commanders force the beret for daily use; I can see the IG complaints rolling in.

Comment

You want to see something funny? I just got a phone call from my leadership now passing the word that our unit needs to go back to berets until next week. I asked why and he did not know. The only reason I can think is that someone (probably someone in a key leadership position or some joes as well); might not be up to snuff with their PC. Might be a silly guess but the way this unit is and how it operates; I am not suprised by this notice. Actually, it is just for two more days since its a upcoming 4-day weekend so I have Fri/Mon off.

Looking forward to Father's Day.
      Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; June 14th, 2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
        You want to see something funny? I just got a phone call from my leadership now passing the word that our unit needs to go back to berets until next week. I asked why and he did not know. The only reason I can think is that someone (probably someone in a key leadership position or some joes as well); might not be up to snuff with their PC. Might be a silly guess but the way this unit is and how it operates; I am not suprised by this notice. Actually, it is just for two more days since its a upcoming 4-day weekend so I have Fri/Mon off.

Looking forward to Father's Day.
        Happy Father's Day to you good sir.. I case I don't get to talk to you that day

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
          Happy Father's Day to you good sir.. I case I don't get to talk to you that day
          Thank you LT. I heard our extension was because our Three-Star wanted Commanders to officially announce this change and to ensure every soldier is in possession of the proper headgear for formation. So after this weekend's four-day; we are golden. 1.5 days left that I have to wear it on a daily basis

Comment

Working...
          X