Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uncle Sugar takes care of his own!

Originally posted by SteveLord
    But I don't think you can't leave this out of the equation becausetypically, in jobs....you get paid more depending on the amount of duties you have, the amount of skill/education required to perform them and your area’s cost of living if you want to go there.

Don’t forget that the soldier is also on a X year contract. It is unlawful for him to not show up to work….and it’s unlawful to quit. And can be ordered to transfer or deploy to dangerous areas all the time. A civilian can leave one job today and be at another tomorrow.

Now, I agree that soldiers of today are compensated very well. Throw in the benefits and it’s a pretty good gig. But there ARE MANY civilian positions out there that pay much more than the military counterparts.
    Really name a few? I live close to an Atomic Plant (DOE) have many friends and family that work there. They make an excellent hourly rate and benefit package. They only hit a homer with a ton of overtime. If they work 40 hrs it is know different than making $30-$40 per hour (63K-83K). Compound evening/weekend differentials, overtime, and holiday pay then it is killer money. Even have a nephew that is physicist there and brings in 120K per annum. A contract surgeon for the military at USAJOB is 100-200K per year depending on credentials. How much do you think an O5/06 surgeon draws with speciality pay, base pay, BHA, BAS etc.... earn? Not too mention if they get TDY orders cut and draw per diem....Skill set for skill set you won't find too many jobs that there is a HUGE difference in unless it is SF operator vs. PSD for Haliburton/Blackwater/Xe.
    Last edited by 7011USMC; April 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM.

Comment

haha american taliban. You must mean the red necks buckin' back shoots! or da' ganstas rep'in their block!

Comment

close sgt. its the person in the middle waiting for either side to get out of line

Comment

As if single soldiers need more money. The free place to stay for single active duty soldiers along with a good check isn't enough?

Comment

haters. extra money is extra money

p.s. I'm married with a kiddo on the way, putting extra money into joe's pocket is good no matter where it's directed. Either your jr enlisted (most singles) or any other targeted solider.

Comment

Working...
            X