X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRADOC releases new Warrior Tasks and Battle Drills

U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command released the Army's new Warrior Tasks and Battle Drills, and the Critical Individual Supporting Task List elaborating on those tasks and battle drills, March 25.

A PDF document with the new information can be downloaded by clicking here, or from the "What's Hot" list on the Army Training Network homepage.

The information is accessed using one's Army Knowledge Online (AKO) password or Common Access Card (CAC) login.

The last major overhaul of the tasks and battle drills was 2005, although the number of tasks and drills has evolved in response to lessons-learned from the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan.

"We now have a list which has been unanimously approved by all Army commands universally," said Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling, TRADOC's deputy commanding general for Initial Military Training (IMT). "Some of old tasks and drills introduced in basic training were not relevant - they were not things most Soldiers would use at any point in their careers. They'd see it one time and then never see it again."

The old tasks and drills list were organized under headings such as "shoot," "communicate," "urban operations," and "move and fight," and contained roughly 32 tasks, 207 subtasks and 12 battle drills.

The new list is streamlined, with 15 tasks, 76 subtasks and four battle drills, organized under the headings "shoot," "move," "communicate," and "survive and adapt."

https://atn.army.mil/Media/docs/WTBD...20-%20Copy.pdf

Re: TRADOC releases new Warrior Tasks and Battle Drills

Proof of future DADT policy:

"071-000-0006: React to Man-to-Man Contact"

................................!

Ok, that was just wrong....
    Last edited by California Major; April 19th, 2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

lmfao hahaha Good find, sir!

Comment

Originally posted by California Major

I'm seriously not even going to look!

Comment

Originally posted by California Major

bravo sir, bravo

Comment

I don't really find it funny. It's just the way things are going. There are gays already in the military, do you think them getting to be "open" means they get to make out in public? If they're soldiers they should be professional. It's not like most of them would say anything because guys like you will be making them miserable.
            Last edited by PalatialGabe; April 5th, 2010, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Just recognizing some humor. The real problem will not be within the military but the accessions. The silly new Pvts that dont understand the value of being in the military. let alone knowing the army value of honor.

I compare it to letting females vote. not many females were worried about not voting just a select few. once they were allowed to vote. all of them geared up and went down and voted.

Sgt. im not sure if you have ever seen a "queen" but its not cute in any form or fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by 13Fox
                Just recognizing some humor. The real problem will not be within the military but the accessions. The silly new Pvts that dont understand the value of being in the military. let alone knowing the army value of honor.

I compare it to letting females vote. not many females were worried about not voting just a select few. once they were allowed to vote. all of them geared up and went down and voted.

Sgt. im not sure if you have ever seen a "queen" but its not cute in any form or fashion.
                I've seen many. I went to Iraq , but anyway, I get the whole thing about new recruits, but if people are already in, they know what's expected. We never bullied people of different races or religions in my army career, but it seems ok around here for people to rag on gays.

Comment

Is it possible to keep this thread on the topic of the OP?

ADAPT / Adapt to Changing Operational Environments
                  •224-176-1425 Interact with News Media
                  •002 Understand Law of Land Warfare
                  •XXX-XXX-XXXX See yourself culturally
                  •Understand the concept of culture, how it works, and how it motivates
                  •Grasp how American and military cultures shape your decisions
                  •XXX-XXX-XXXX Learn and understand the culture of other societies where you are deployed or assigned
                  •Learn basic language phrases to perform your mission
                  •Understand the basics of the foreign culture, including religious factors , social influences, and cultural behaviors
                  •Know appropriate tribal and ethnic considerations
                  •Know necessary geographical and historical information
                  •XXX-XXX-XXXX Perform in operational environment effectively
                  •Avoid cultural and social taboos
                  •Win civilians’ hearts and minds; build rapport
                  •Acculturate and perform mission understanding impact and consequences of actions
                  This seems especially important. Was this included in Warrior Tasks prior to the overhaul?

Comment

Originally posted by mheathershaw
                    Is it possible to keep this thread on the topic of the OP?

This seems especially important. Was this included in Warrior Tasks prior to the overhaul?
                    I don't remember a lot of those things until deployment. I'm glad they're going over things like culture and stuff in training. That stuff is really important. When I went to Thailand for AT, I'd heard of other units being there and going to jail for disrespecting the king/etc. It's really important to learn all that kind of stuff to appear professional to other militaries/foreign civilians.

Comment

Negative mh

The old tasks and drills list were organized under headings such as "shoot," "communicate," "urban operations," and "move and fight," and contained roughly 32 tasks, 207 subtasks and 12 battle drills.

The new list is streamlined, with 15 tasks, 76 subtasks and four battle drills, organized under the headings "shoot," "move," "communicate," and "survive and adapt."

Adapt was recently added. I am anxious to head to BCT and give you guys the skinny on the new things. This seems to be very important I am guessing the ADAPT part would require major class time. If not I am excited to see how field work would go with that.

Comment

Good. The Army is more of a territorial force. We go in, take over, stay for a bit til back up comes, then move out.

For Iraq/Afghanistan, it's more of a move in, kill bad guys while trying to win the hearts of the people and stay for years whether or not either is accomplished. In WWII where it was more territorial, we kicked their asses. We knew their culture, language, people, history, and at the time...everyone wanted an young American soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by PalatialGabe
                          I don't really find it funny. It's just the way things are going. There are gays already in the military, do you think them getting to be "open" means they get to make out in public? If they're soldiers they should be professional. It's not like most of them would say anything because guys like you will be making them miserable.
                          They should change the UCMJ to make adultery allowable too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                            They should change the UCMJ to make adultery allowable too.
                            LOL...there would be a high percentage of AD personnel charged if that article was enforced along with art. 125... Getting a BJ (receiving from a female of course) is a crime in the military!

You were in the Navy what did you think happen during liberty while on port call?

Check out the stats on coed cruise's and now submarine service....alot of philandering, adultry, fornication, sodomy, and pregnancy.....Just saying....

Get deployed downrange and see whats going on with the the joes and suzies are doing back at base camp and in there POD's....

Let alone with all the married bachelorettes back home...Momma's gotta itch she will scratch it! There are so many bandits and buddy f_ _kers out there especially on a military installation.

You learn real quick "a hard d _ _ k has no conscience" and watch your six; Because when you got to go to the head or go fetch a drink once you turn that back "it's on". Trust me your boy's will be spitting mad game on your lady, wife, sister, and mother!

Comment

OMG...so true....

I remember Norfolk bars were PACKED with chicks as soon as the carriers go to sea...

Comment

Working...
                              X