Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stuck on stupid

Originally posted by Phantom
    You either take the fight to them on their turf and remove the stimulant of the cause, or they will bring the fight to us.
    They would never bring the fight to us...the idea that any one would ever attack the US is such a ridiculous idea...your such a crazy guy

Comment

Was this thread deliberatley named Stuck on stupid because he saw someone going to saw Gitmo makes terrorist. why 0711, you physcic (can't spell) you!

I understand by what your saying is that if they esculate to a level of being phsyco's with attacking soliders & civilians (which they're at and have been for quite some time), then we shouldn't jail them? These people are modern POW's with information that we use to protect outselves. These people are not U.S. civilians with constitutional rights (not everyone likes the constitution, until of course it works in their favor to get what they want, then their all over it) We should let them continue to do as they want to to the rest of the world and not, and it'll de-esculate?
      Last edited by SGT Bart; March 25th, 2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
        They would never bring the fight to us...the idea that any one would ever attack the US is such a ridiculous idea...your such a crazy guy
        I can't fathom them trying to take over Philly or Camden. Be stopped before they hit the 3rd block, LOL

Comment

You are so right, I completely forgot that we staged Sept 11th, the Pentagon, the Pa. plane Crash, the failed Christmas Airline Bombing, and the 1st Trade Center attack. I am glad you reminded me, because most people forget unless they attack us regularly. Then think we are hurting their feelings.

Comment

why 0711, you physic you!

More like "PSYCHOTIC".....I say lets give them "miranda rights" and afford them protection under the constitution...Kick me I'm stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
              You are so right, I completely forgot that we staged Sept 11th, the Pentagon, the Pa. plane Crash, the failed Christmas Airline Bombing, and the 1st Trade Center attack. I am glad you reminded me, because most people forget unless they attack us regularly. Then think we are hurting their feelings.
              Thats right, dont forget this is not just a recruiting site...this is also a site about truth. George Bush blew up the twin towers.

Comment

The constitution applies to all we interact with. My take, give them POW status and treat them as such if they are prisoners of war or charge them as criminals. Do not hold them indefinitely without due process. It goes against what this country stands for. FYI the enemy combatant label can easily catch US citizens in it's net.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
                  The constitution applies to all we interact with. My take, give them POW status and treat them as such if they are prisoners of war or charge them as criminals. Do not hold them indefinitely without due process. It goes against what this country stands for. FYI the enemy combatant label can easily catch US citizens in it's net.
                  have you read the patriot act yet? well, have you heard of the patriot act yet?
                  Last edited by SGT Bart; March 25th, 2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

The constitution applies to all we interact with.
                    Once again...wow

Comment

I was mistaken. To sum up my views.

http://www.northwestern.edu/bme/mark...ewsletter3.pdf

The United States foreign policy should be guided and constrained by a respect for basic human
                      rights and democratic principals. The United States Constitution guarantees to United States citizens
                      certain fundamental rights. We propose that some of these rights are fundamental for all human beings
                      and should be extended in our Constitution to include foreign nationals.
                      The Constitution serves to provide for certain individual rights and freedoms by defining and
                      constraining government as laid out in the original articles and subsequent amendments. Broadly
                      speaking, the Constitution is designed to insure : (1) the sanctity of the individual and a tolerance for
                      diversity among individuals, and (2) the protection of the state. Importantly, the amendments also serve
                      to protect minorities from oppression and/or domination by the majority. The Constitution is the set of
                      rules by which the U.S. government interacts with its citizens and it forms a framework for the
                      domestic policy of the United States. Analogously, we propose that a foreign policy must be set forth
                      within a framework of rules by which the United States Government interacts with peoples outside our
                      borders.
                      One may ask, "Why is it necessary to expand our Constitution to include further limitations on the
                      United States foreign policy?" Consider a situation where individuals within our country find their
                      rights threatened by some domestic policy. Their recourse includes the judicial system which applies
                      constitutionally guaranteed protections to them, and failing this, the final recourse in our system of
                      government involves the election of the officials who set the domestic policy. Contrast this situation
                      with that of a foreign national whose rights may be threatened by U. S. foreign policy. These people
                      have extremely limited access to judicial relief and more importantly they have no input to the legislative
                      process that may in fact determine their future. Our system of government, that has careful
                      checks and balances on our domestic policy, has no such equivalent structure for our foreign policy.
                      Thus, if we are to respect the human rights of peoples outside our borders, some limitations are
                      required on our government’s actions to insure that individual rights, so prized in our country, are
                      respected in our interactions with other peoples.

Comment

I was mistaken. To sum up my views.

http://www.northwestern.edu/bme/mark...ewsletter3.pdf

you could of just said you haven't read or heard of the patriot act. I would have taken that answer.

Comment

I have heard of it. No I have not read the entire act. Congress recently amended it, that I know.

Comment

I have heard of it. No I have not read the entire act. Congress recently amended it, that I know.
                            Should take a gander @ it...
                            Last edited by SGT Bart; March 25th, 2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X