Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon eyes more "humane" enforcement of *** ban

This is good. DADT is on it's way out.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_usa_mi...RhZ29uZXllcw--

WASHINGTON (Reuters) The Pentagon, ahead of any repeal of the U.S. military's ban on gays in its ranks, will likely announce steps this week that may soften the blow on homo***uals affected by the "don't ask, don't tell" law.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates is expected to address ways to allow more "humane enforcement and application" of a policy that has seen thousands of homo***uals forced out of the military, the Pentagon said on Tuesday.

"I think he is prepared to offer a way ahead on that subject this week. So stay tuned," said Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell.

"Hopefully you'll be seeing him later this week and (he) can address the changes that he is going to be making."

The long-expected announcement follows a 45-day review ordered by Gates, which was completed earlier this month.

One of the ways the Pentagon might relax enforcement of the law could be to halt disciplinary proceedings against *** members of the military who are "outed" by others.
    ~snip

Re: Pentagon eyes more "humane" enforcement of *** ban

Agreed, it would be a great way become a one term politician.

I encourage you to investigate what GEN Casey thinks on the matter, since he is the superior that is not an appointee of this administration.

Then again as a political strategy, it may be best if they pull the trigger. The next president could simply sign an executive order.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; March 24th, 2010, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Re: Pentagon eyes more "humane" enforcement of *** ban

Uh oh, not DADT again...

Last edited by PalatialGabe; March 24th, 2010, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X