Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freed

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Freed

    Originally posted by RandyB
    No, not yet, I am still in nursing school. Taking the asvab cuz the recruiter is trying to enlist me as a medic for some reason. Most nurses are bad at math even though we have to do a lot of drug calculation problems.
    Better get your "sheoit wired" then. Best advice stay away from your recruiter if you don't want to be ENLISTED and be a medic. Finish school and pass your NCLEX-RN then talk with a AMEDD recruiter about DC.

    If you enlist as a medic...Your a Soldier first medic second. Meaning your a rifleman (person) first; Health care provdier second.

    As previous posted that female medic earned a silver star for killing the enemy and saving soldiers lives in the process. We are in business to "locate close with and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver".

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Freed

      I don't mind enlisting until I finish my degree, I just don't know if I have the time with school.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Freed

        Originally posted by RandyB
        No, not yet, I am still in nursing school. Taking the asvab cuz the recruiter is trying to enlist me as a medic for some reason. Most nurses are bad at math even though we have to do a lot of drug calculation problems.
        Curious what is it you want your recruiter to do? You can't DC until after you are a RN, you can not DC if you have started any other commissioning process, I.E. ROTC or OCS. So you either walk out of your recruiters office until you finish school or enlist.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Freed

          Like i said, considering enlisting. Also I can go ocs with 60 credits, I have 50 right now.
          Last edited by RandyB; March 24th, 2010, 11:29 AM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Freed

            Originally posted by RandyB
            Like i said, considering enlisting. Also I can go ocs with 60 credits, I have 50 right now.
            Yes but you can not commission into the medical field without a completed degree. So if you go to OCS with only 60 credits you will branch something else.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Freed

              I know but wouldn't they let me change once I got my degree? Maybe medic is best. I just found out I may have a semester off if I can't get a spot for a class I need so may just enlist medic.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Freed

                Originally posted by RandyB
                I know but wouldn't they let me change once I got my degree? Maybe medic is best. I just found out I may have a semester off if I can't get a spot for a class I need so may just enlist medic.
                You can obtain a second branch once you become a CPT. My commander has a medical degree (something in biology I think). She originally branched Engineer, when she went to Captains course she received a medical branch MOS.
                There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a medic first. It will give you a better understanding what the first line responders have to deal with.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Freed

                  true, right now I am emailing every school possible hoping i can get into their programs. Most of the application deadlines have passed though. My fault, 3.3 gpa is not high enough, I should have never let it get so low.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X