Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army drops bayonets, busts abs in training revamp

You guys are confusing USMC.........
    Camel baK...???.....he's thinking sh1t out of lawrence of arabia and the French Legion.....

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
      You guys are confusing USMC.........
      Camel baK...???.....he's thinking sh1t out of lawrence of arabia and the French Legion.....
      LMAO!!!...just saying how hard would that be to be apart of your TA-50.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
        We issued every soldier a Bayonet. They took the bayonets on EVERY convoy.

If you read the News forum, there was a British soldier who actually USED his bayonet to slay an enemy.
        OK, but obviously they were prepared for that and it was the plan. I couldnt see them producing hundreds of them.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74
          OK, but obviously they were prepared for that and it was the plan. I couldnt see them producing hundreds of them.
          I could.

I would bring a bayonet to a abs/core muscle strength fight. There is only so much in basic they can do for you, afterwards, it's up to the soldier. Bayonet training is easy...stab stabbity stab stab stab. Basic shouldnt be about conditioning (which core strengthening is), it should be about training so when the soldier leaves basic, he has the knowledge and motivation to continue (which would include core strengthening).

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
            If you read the News forum, there was a British soldier who actually USED his bayonet to slay an enemy.
            i think that is my favorite story i've ever read on this website.

Comment

"Few men are killed by the bayonet, many are scared by it. Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts"
              - General George Patton Jr, "War as I knew it" 1947

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07
                "Few men are killed by the bayonet, many are scared by it. Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts"
                - General George Patton Jr, "War as I knew it" 1947
                Could you imagine General Patton living today? WHAT IN THE H-E-L-L have you done to my Army!

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                  Could you imagine General Patton living today? WHAT IN THE H-E-L-L have you done to my Army!
                  he probably would have run into a lot of trouble ranking, and been called a crazy war hawk. the current situation with political correctness would have gotten him into a lot of trouble, and if he ever made any statements like the ones he was so famous for in the 40's now, he'd be all over cnn and msnbc getting slammed and people would be protesting demanding his resignation. i was born 60 years too late, because i love the guy and dream about how great it would be to fight under somebody who knows how to get the job done, and say it like it is. he never sugarcoated anything. "we're going to go over there, and kill people." i love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
                    he probably would have run into a lot of trouble ranking, and been called a crazy war hawk. the current situation with political correctness would have gotten him into a lot of trouble, and if he ever made any statements like the ones he was so famous for in the 40's now, he'd be all over cnn and msnbc getting slammed and people would be protesting demanding his resignation. i was born 60 years too late, because i love the guy and dream about how great it would be to fight under somebody who knows how to get the job done, and say it like it is. he never sugarcoated anything. "we're going to go over there, and kill people." i love it.
                    I concur 100%...Now we have Generals with Ph.D's and can write books. Closes thing to combat is appearing before a senate committee or appearing on MSNBC with Obermann or Maddow.

Comment

Working...
                    X