• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army drops bayonets, busts abs in training revamp

KILL!!!!!!!

Comment

What makes the green grass grow?

BLOOD BLOOD, BRIGHT RED BLOOD MAKES THE GREEN GRASS GROW!

Comment

Originally posted by California Major
        They are stunned when they get smacked in the face..."[/I]

...Because the PlayStation controller just vibrates when I get hit
        Lmao.....how did I miss this thread???

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
          KILL!!!!!!!
          I purposely didnt read this thread because I hated bayonet training but was bored so did today. I was about to hit the reply button to just type 'kill' and then the next one I read was yours.

So lets say we are in some country fighting some war that isnt ours... maybe it was at one time but times have changed... and it turns into hand to hand combat-are they going to just pull hundreds to thousands of bayonets out from some conex and hand receipt them?

I didnt read the entire article but I saw the words Abs and Core strenghening. What a great idea!! We did so few flutters and sit ups in Basic. We helped each other up in the barracks after hours to get PT scores up and I was in charge of the sit ups, but other then those late nights, they really were not worked on much. I actually whined about it once (a little off the record, I wouldnt Blue Falcon my Platoon like that) and we didnt even get smoked with them.

Comment

Yes, it seems the primary reason that the bayonet training was dropped is simply what Becky said. Bayonet's aren't issued to Joe anymore, which from practical thinking makes sense why you then wouldn't train on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard
              Yes, it seems the primary reason that the bayonet training was dropped is simply what Becky said. Bayonet's aren't issued to Joe anymore, which from practical thinking makes sense why you then wouldn't train on it.
              Do they still issue you a canteen, e-tool, and a alice/molle? Then why not a bayonet? Guess it is too practical. Do they issue "shelter halves"?

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                Do they still issue you a canteen, e-tool, and a alice/molle? Then why not a bayonet? Guess it is too practical. Do they issue "shelter halves"?

And every young Joe itchin to spend their AD money after IET would spend it on a bayonet anyway (or at least a BFK lol)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGuard

Again, it is ONE day out of 9 weeks. Will that one day of bayonet training make or break someone's PT?

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe
                    Again, it is ONE day out of 9 weeks. Will that one day of bayonet training make or break someone's PT?
                    Whats next pilates? Maybe insuring a recruit can pass a APFT before they even ship. Do a inventory PFT a 2-2-2 if you pass you go on to training if you fail your "sorry phat a-s-s goes to FTC". If after 2-3 weeks of heavy PT in FTC and you still can't pass the PFT; Then admin discharge their sorry a-s-s cause the Army doesn't need dead weight. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                      Hey now, i've used the canteen and etool, I am just not at liberty to tell you what for at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74
                        Hey now, i've used the canteen and etool, I am just not at liberty to tell you what for at this time.
                        Nasty! I've done it too

Comment

havent we all? in the age of camel baks and bottled water, does anyone use canteens outside of IET?

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Lowe
                            havent we all? in the age of camel baks and bottled water, does anyone use canteens outside of IET?
                            Ok I get it....I'M OLD

Comment

Heh. I was issued a Canteen and an E-tool still.

No Bayonet, but I can duct tape my e-tool to my M-4 and cut someone pretty good if I hit them on the right angle - and if I let it rust.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74
                                I purposely didnt read this thread because I hated bayonet training but was bored so did today. I was about to hit the reply button to just type 'kill' and then the next one I read was yours.

So lets say we are in some country fighting some war that isnt ours... maybe it was at one time but times have changed... and it turns into hand to hand combat-are they going to just pull hundreds to thousands of bayonets out from some conex and hand receipt them?

I didnt read the entire article but I saw the words Abs and Core strenghening. What a great idea!! We did so few flutters and sit ups in Basic. We helped each other up in the barracks after hours to get PT scores up and I was in charge of the sit ups, but other then those late nights, they really were not worked on much. I actually whined about it once (a little off the record, I wouldnt Blue Falcon my Platoon like that) and we didnt even get smoked with them.
                                We issued every soldier a Bayonet. They took the bayonets on EVERY convoy.

If you read the News forum, there was a British soldier who actually USED his bayonet to slay an enemy.
                                Last edited by Mr_Loki; March 22nd, 2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X