Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fresh off the press-dadt

Originally posted by KMANinTX
    The Romans went to war with little boys in their ranks to "take care" of the soldiers....They were pretty good soldiers too......
    And that is a vile and disgusting thing that anyone who does that should be thrown in jail for life but that is not what were talking about here. Also remember what you pointed out is a criminal offense, people who are *** are not like those scumbags and are not criminals.
    Last edited by hrotccadet; March 6th, 2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hrotccadet
      Why not look at our two allies Britain and Israel? They allow them in the military and should look at the how it is working for them. Just a thought
      Britain also has a monarchy, and that seems to be working for them as well. The point is illustrative, but not ultimately convincing.

Israel has conscription, and wanted to eliminate a potential way to escape the draft with an ultimately unproveable claim.

Comment

Originally posted by hrotccadet
        And that is a vile and disgusting thing that anyone who does that should be thrown in jail for life but that is not what were talking about here. Also remember what you pointed out is a criminal offense, people who are *** are not like those scumbags and are not criminals.
        I was just pointing out history as you were. Like it or not, all that dumb stuff happened back then.......

But, in reality....who cares. The one/s who make these decisions are WAY above our paygrades.......we just have to obey whatever they decide is best. Maybe they can have a special "rainbow" flash to "represent".....like all the *** bars have a rainbow on their doors. That way you don't have to ask and they don't have to tell.........

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
          The Romans went to war with little boys in their ranks to "take care" of the soldiers....They were pretty good soldiers too......
          isn't this what were going to be able to do soon? o wait that's just consenting adults.

*disclaimer: I don't support illegal use of children, don't begin to rebuttle about it. *

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
            If i want to play tummy sticks with my battle buddy, I should be able to tell the world about it

HHHHH AAAAAAAA YYYYYYYY

^^^Douche statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
              Here are three other instances of "discrimination" in the military:

1) Age: The maximum age for enlistment. All other businesses can not use age as a deciding factor for employment.

2) Gender: Females in direct combat mos's.

3) Religion: Certain religous practices. Such as the Sikhs religous dress.

How about the maximum enlistment age be done away with??? Does this sound good to anyone? We shouldn't discriminate against seniors, right?

Well sir, if they can keep up physically, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
                your not in an infantry unit are you?

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel.gambino
                  Now you are dicriminating against people that are handicaped or unfit!!!

hypocrisy! wow, in a totally PC army, anyone should be able to join.

Comment

Now you are dicriminating against people that are handicaped or unfit!!!

hypocrisy! wow, in a totally PC army, anyone should be able to join.
                    hey there's a line there. I mean if I was 70, I'd only have a few years left, why not go out with a bang? if a 50 year old dude can make it through basic to standard, why not?

Comment

Man oh Man thats a great name to have. I can tell your a good guy already

Comment

Granted once you get comfortable in a unit there is some inappropriate talk, but for the most part its only done when everyone knows no one is getting offended. In fact the worse talk I heard the last year were the males and them pretending to be ghay with each other. My thoughts are that I dont have 'relations' while on the clock and I dont talk about the details of my relations while on the clock. Most people dont. If we arent talking about our 'relations' we have with the opposite gender, why would h*m*se*uals do it. I want to know if you can shot a weapon, pass an APFT, and do your job. I dont care what kind of 'job' you do once you punch out for the day.

Come to think of it. I was harrassed by three different individuals while overseas last year. On a daily basis. If they could have been with each other instead it would have saved me some headaches! And I wouldnt have even asked them about details afterwards.
                        Last edited by WIBecky74; March 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Under the current DADT, they can do whatever they want on their on time just as you pointed out. So why change it?

Repealing the ban will only cause more issues than it solves.

Would you care for a list?

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
                            your not in an infantry unit are you?
                            i guess maybe you could say I am, just a little more advanced.

Comment

Under the current DADT, they can do whatever they want on their on time just as you pointed out. So why change it?

Repealing the ban will only cause more issues than it solves.

Would you care for a list?
                              I'd like to see one, sir.

Comment

I don't see anything good from this.

Expect quarterly 3 hour power point briefs on sensitivity. As well as additional training added into every leadership course across the board, for both Officers and Enlisted NCO's.

Here's a question, separate housing is usually provided for Women and Men for obvious reasons. Will separate quarters need to be provided for Women, *** Women, Men, and *** Men?

Because, unlike a hetero***ual man or a woman whom I can visually identify what their ***ual preferences are - I cannot do so with *******uals. I think this policy will force *******uals to identify themselves, who may be very comfortable with not doing so right now.

I also don't think there's this mysterious 10% *******ual community that refuses to join the military because of its policy, and that it can't wait to just join up and fill the Army's most critical slots.

There seems to be a great deal many issues that Units would be forced to deal with - when they are already dealing with multiple other issues related to the War on Terror.

Comment

Working...
                                X