Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fresh off the press-dadt

Originally posted by SGT Bart
    If i want to play tummy sticks with my battle buddy, I should be able to tell the world about it

HHHHH AAAAAAAA YYYYYYYY

DO not bash anothers culture, this is not a thread or forum for that. Discuss the topic, but dont put down what someone believes in and lives their life by. Whether its National League or American League, that is still a person. Each and everyone one of us has different things we believe in, and each and every one of us has people that disagree with what we believe in. We as soldiers fight to give these people the Rights to be who they are. Until any lifestyle is deamed illegal, by a said law, they are allowed to pursue it. There are lots of things in the military we all dont agree with, but we do follow orders. So if DADT is passed or not, only time will tell. Defend the topic, dont attack the person.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
      DO not bash anothers culture, this is not a thread or forum for that. Discuss the topic, but dont put down what someone believes in and lives their life by. Whether its National League or American League, that is still a person. Each and everyone one of us has different things we believe in, and each and every one of us has people that disagree with what we believe in. We as soldiers fight to give these people the Rights to be who they are. Until any lifestyle is deamed illegal, by a said law, they are allowed to pursue it. There are lots of things in the military we all dont agree with, but we do follow orders. So if DADT is passed or not, only time will tell. Defend the topic, dont attack the person.
      Well said.

Comment

So, I have not been following this... what does it mean? Back to asking orientation when you try to enlist and barring those who are? Or not asking period and not booting those out who get found out?

Comment

How about we focus on winning these two wars and bringing our service men & women home? Then we can take up the issue. I'd like to see the big wigs spend as much time looking for the best path to victory over changing something the majority on both sides don't really give a crap about. Honestly, it’s only an issue because they try to tell us it’s an issue.

Comment

lol

Comment

Here are three other instances of "discrimination" in the military:

1) Age: The maximum age for enlistment. All other businesses can not use age as a deciding factor for employment.

2) Gender: Females in direct combat mos's.

3) Religion: Certain religous practices. Such as the Sikhs religous dress.

How about the maximum enlistment age be done away with??? Does this sound good to anyone? We shouldn't discriminate against seniors, right?

Comment

Serving in the military is not a constitutional right, nor should the military EVER be used as a proving ground for some liberal social experiment.

Feel-good policies only serves to erode readiness, and creates an unacceptable risk to the high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability.

Comment

Originally posted by California Major
                  Serving in the military is not a constitutional right, nor should the military EVER be used as a proving ground for some liberal social experiment.

Feel-good policies only serves to erode readiness, and creates an unacceptable risk to the high standards of morale, good order and discipline, and unit cohesion that are the essence of military capability.
                  Bravo well put! I wished the JCS would back that comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me

1) Age: The maximum age for enlistment. All other businesses can not use age as a deciding factor for employment.

How about the maximum enlistment age be done away with??? Does this sound good to anyone? We shouldn't discriminate against seniors, right?
                    intresting.....didn't view it like that but yeah, it is a different form. VERY INTRESTING!!

Comment

You forgot about the phat bodies; Most of them do there jobs very well, pass the PFT, and are expert riflemen. Yet they are blessed with small necks and spare tires.

Imagine big brother firing a phat body bureaucrat? CAN YOU SAY LAWSUIT!

Comment

I would say #2 is the most relevant to gheys in the military.
                        But ya for arguement sake.... why can't the strait soldier have his girlfriend in a foxhole with him if it's OK for a couple of ghey boys ?? ......as long as they don't tell....

If you were ghey....why would you even want to be in the military and risk the repercussions that "could" happen to you....if found out??

Comment

Why not look at our two allies Britain and Israel? They allow them in the military and should look at the how it is working for them. Just a thought

Comment

Why don't you consider that the US has the best military in the world, we set the standard, so why compare it to another country? Why would you take the best military in the world and make it to work like a different one?

It makes me scratch my head when they say dadt hurts national security.

In my preivous post I forgot the "discrimination" against the disabled. So there are 4 or 5 groups to think about.

And you could add the various ideologues that are discriminated against.

anywho just something to think about.
                            Last edited by Chaplain4me; March 5th, 2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Why don't you consider that the US has the best military in the world, we set the standard, so why compare it to another country? Why would you take the best military in the world and make it to work like a different one?

It makes me scratch my head when they say dadt hurts national security.

In my preivous post I forgot the "discrimination" against the disabled. So there are 4 or 5 groups to think about.

And you could add the various ideologues that are discriminated against.

anywho just something to think about.
                              Of course we have best military in the world I just personally don't have a problem with gays in the service. I mean as long as they can do the job I don't mind. I mean if you also dig even deeper in history the Greeks in particular the Spartans had them in their Army and I think it's safe to say that they were a very good fighting force.

Comment

Originally posted by hrotccadet
                                Of course we have best military in the world I just personally don't have a problem with gays in the service. I mean as long as they can do the job I don't mind. I mean if you also dig even deeper in history the Greeks in particular the Spartans had them in their Army and I think it's safe to say that they were a very good fighting force.
                                The Romans went to war with little boys in their ranks to "take care" of the soldiers....They were pretty good soldiers too......

Comment

Working...
                                X