X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What not to do

Do not pay for a plane ticket without authorization orders approved with your government travel card while the bill deadline is within 5 days.

It won't end well...trust me.

Re: What not to do

My condolences. Ugh...

Comment

I am guessing you didnt use Carlson Wagonlit? They are refundable, I got stuck with this a few months ago.

Dont go anywhere without Paper Orders in your Hand, dont base travel off of a promise.

Comment

Burn. Sorry brother.

Comment

ouch...sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
            I am guessing you didnt use Carlson Wagonlit? They are refundable, I got stuck with this a few months ago.

No one informed me of Carlson Wagonlit. They just kind of said, "Go".

Just wait for March, when Mday soldiers will be in DTS. AGR soldiers barely know how to use that system and most don't know the rules on the GVCC (like me). How the **** do they expect a MDAY soldier to deal? I am going to make sure NO ONE does the same thing I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
              No one informed me of Carlson Wagonlit. They just kind of said, "Go".

Just wait for March, when Mday soldiers will be in DTS. AGR soldiers barely know how to use that system and most don't know the rules on the GVCC (like me). How the **** do they expect a MDAY soldier to deal? I am going to make sure NO ONE does the same thing I did.

I went on TDY a couple of months ago and never used DTS. Always got my 1610 given to me by the training NCO. Anyway, I had a high-speed NCO from the G9 sit down with me and give me proper training when initiating the request.

What was funny was the people who monitored my government card didnt seem to check the system and was already ready to send out an email to my higher for fraudulent use.

To this day, I can strongly say, that system is not user friendly nor efficient.

Comment

G9? What's a G9? I've heard of G1, G2, G3, G4, PITS, Personnel Intelligence, Training, Supply. I'm guessing from your post Mday soldiers are gonna have to make their own travel arrangements?

Reminds me of the time I made up my own Permissive Travel Orders. Permissive TDY "Observe the tactical operations of the 136th Tactical Air Wing",

Had my CO sign it, so I could be guaranteed a spot to come back on the C-130 back from Hawaii.

good times.

Comment

Originally posted by 49thadband View Post
                  G9? What's a G9? I've heard of G1, G2, G3, G4, PITS, Personnel Intelligence, Training, Supply. I'm guessing from your post Mday soldiers are gonna have to make their own travel arrangements?

Reminds me of the time I made up my own Permissive Travel Orders. Permissive TDY "Observe the tactical operations of the 136th Tactical Air Wing",

Had my CO sign it, so I could be guaranteed a spot to come back on the C-130 back from Hawaii.

good times.
                  Matter of fact I was wrong. I should of typed G8 for finance. G9 is civil affairs and funny I deal with the G9 daily.

Our IT issues are handled by the G6. And the reason its G compared to S, is because we fall under an O-5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staff_(military)

Comment

Yes, all MDAY soldiers MUST be registered with DTS by March 2011. Yet, they dont have any formal training on it whatsoever.

Comment

They are giving the members of the Orderly Room a small form of Administrative Powers. They should be able to create and sign the Authorization for the soldier and will be able to create the Voucher, but can not sign the voucher. It will have to be signed by the TDY soldier via digital signature. It will be handled normally by a Request for Orders form. It is strongly encouraged that the solders recieve at the least some form of a "Hip Pocket" block of training on DTS and Gov CC. The sodiers need to learn how to input their own Authorizations/Vouchers. The soldier will not have the authority to approve their own TDY travel. This will be a huge butt pain but in the long run, it could work out for the best, well down the road.

Comment

They are giving the members of the Orderly Room a small form of Administrative Powers. They should be able to create and sign the Authorization for the soldier and will be able to create the Voucher, but can not sign the voucher. It will have to be signed by the TDY soldier via digital signature. It will be handled normally by a Request for Orders form. It is strongly encouraged that the solders recieve at the least some form of a "Hip Pocket" block of training on DTS and Gov CC. The sodiers need to learn how to input their own Authorizations/Vouchers. The soldier will not have the authority to approve their own TDY travel. This will be a huge butt pain but in the long run, it could work out for the best, well down the road.
                        Its all part of the checks and balances. Before it went back to G8 for approval, staff at my command group had to approval my voucher as well. Since the process is automated, a request can move reasonably fast since all the notifications are sent through AKO.

Comment

I see it as being fast but not as fast as it was. When it was just AGR and Long Term ADSW, the time from Signed Voucher to payment was 3 bus. days. Now that paper vouchers are gone, and all DTS, it will have to slow the process some. But we have to remember not all units travel as much as some do. Main thing to remember is to have all your Hotel, Toll, Rental Car/Rental Car Fuel, Baggage Receipts. Receipts for Laundry or Food are not needed. Food is automatically covered on M&IE and Laundry is something like $3 a day for trips over a week (you just have to claim it). Its always good to have a current FY copy of the CONUS Per Diem rates in a file somewhere.

Comment

I see it as being fast but not as fast as it was. When it was just AGR and Long Term ADSW, the time from Signed Voucher to payment was 3 bus. days. Now that paper vouchers are gone, and all DTS, it will have to slow the process some. But we have to remember not all units travel as much as some do. Main thing to remember is to have all your Hotel, Toll, Rental Car/Rental Car Fuel, Baggage Receipts. Receipts for Laundry or Food are not needed. Food is automatically covered on M&IE and Laundry is something like $3 a day for trips over a week (you just have to claim it). Its always good to have a current FY copy of the CONUS Per Diem rates in a file somewhere.
                            Phantom, excellent advice. Yes, DTS training and knowledge is something that needs to bring forth to the masses in venues such as these.

Comment

Its all over our newsletters this month. Everyone at drill has to make sure they can log into the system. Doesnt say anything about any training and i'd guess its being given to each section, so some sections will be well trained, others MIGHT get everyone an account by end of drill. The reasoning given is it will be much faster then before.

Comment

Working...
                              X