X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEPS the first encounter

Got back from the San Diego MEPS on thurs so i wanted to do another writeup for people who are interested. I havent been through MEPS since 2004 when i first enlisted but that was at the Harrisburg,PA MEPS and it was quite a different experience.First off the hotel they put us up at was leaps and bounds better than the one in PA. It was a holiday in express and had a decent lounge room with xbox/movies etc. there was only about 60 of us there so it seemed a bit small though. Night was uneventful and i don't believe anyone did anything too stupid. LOTS of people for the Marines though so ended up telling a bunch of stories and experiences with them. The hotel in Harrisburg was a run down POS. Had hookers knocking on or doors at midnight to offer their services to those shipping the next day. None of that in San Diego so thumbs up.Day started early with the bus arriving at 5 lined up at the metal detectors by 645.Given an initial briefing then off to see our branches. I was only there for a physical so the whole day was taken up by that. Breathalyzer came first and no one popped amazingly. Prior service an females were given front of the line but it really didn't help that much since it was a round robin. They were quite efficient at getting us through the stations pretty quickly. I was worried about the hearing test as i lost alot of hearing from the service and developed pretty bad tinnitus. I passed somehow so that was awesome. Got everything checked and passed except there was a blockage in my right ear canal and they cold not remove it to look at my ear drum. So i have to go back this thurs to get it removed an get the ear drum checked. Signing an swearing in that same day hopefully as a 21B!

Re: MEPS the first encounter

That is so exciting. 21B leads the way!!!

Comment

Working...
    X