X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Combatives level 1

What kind of requirements are there for this?

Comment

For taking Combatives? Well, you have to be in the service. Other than not being on a profile, that's about it. Sometimes training money can be tight, but we've sent entire platoons to Combatives 1 and in some cases 2.

Comment

thanks! wasn't sure if it was like hard to get into. prob cause im still trying to join haha. thanks for your answers

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose772 View Post
          For taking Combatives? Well, you have to be in the service. Other than not being on a profile, that's about it. Sometimes training money can be tight, but we've sent entire platoons to Combatives 1 and in some cases 2.
          We had some other companies in our BN send out of soldiers to Combatives Level 1 to "get in shape". And boy did they get in shape; they broke something on Day 1 of the course.

Comment

They hold it at the armory I work out of daily. It is crazy with injuries! Each day of the last one held here, four fell out with pretty substatial injuries, three needing the ER. Our BDE Med Admin as well as two NCOs that split the BDE MED Admin work out of the same office I do and have all the medical training. They werent even supposed to work the class but it ended up being a full time job for them. We went and watched when they actually fight each other, thats when the majority of the more minor injuries happen. Lots of bloody noses, head banging, and fatigue! Its a 40 hour class that gets put into your iPERMS and SIDPERS, make sure your certificate gets to your S1 or Readiness because this class doesnt produce a 1059.

Comment

The guys that get lucky and get stuck with certain training companies at Benning get Level 1 certified. Over the summer Bravo 1/50 certified around 80 of us out of the company. They told us it would be good for our careers later on in life.

Comment

Originally posted by WIBecky74 View Post
                They hold it at the armory I work out of daily. It is crazy with injuries! Each day of the last one held here, four fell out with pretty substatial injuries, three needing the ER. Our BDE Med Admin as well as two NCOs that split the BDE MED Admin work out of the same office I do and have all the medical training. They werent even supposed to work the class but it ended up being a full time job for them. We went and watched when they actually fight each other, thats when the majority of the more minor injuries happen. Lots of bloody noses, head banging, and fatigue! Its a 40 hour class that gets put into your iPERMS and SIDPERS, make sure your certificate gets to your S1 or Readiness because this class doesnt produce a 1059.
                I would not go to a course like that without being on orders. You technically do not need to be on orders to attend the course at some places.

Comment

Working...
                X