X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combatives level 1

Wish me luck, i start a 40 hour Combatives level 1 class tomorrow.
    Pics to come...

Re: Combatives level 1

That's so awesome.

I had no idea it was 40 hours of work. wow.

Have fun!!!

Comment

Nice! Have fun. Three of my peers have attended level 1. Two of them cracked thier ribs during the course(ouch!).

Comment

Woohoo, done, done, & done. It's real hard at first, then tapers down. The first two days were all I could take. I was at my limit. Start of the third day, I told myself, gotta to make it to lunch. Still at my limit. Just come back from lunch. Just make it to the end of the day. Day four was the Achieve the Clinch drill, which was an easy day. Tough mentally, but easy physically. Day five was just the final test. Simple & easy. I was able to get some good video, but i'm not allowed to post it online. Level 2 coming up in January.

Comment

All Combatives info can be found at the Ft Benning Combatives page, here: https://www.benning.army.mil/infantry/197th/combatives/

Comment

This looks very exciting. There are a lot of Level 2 courses taught by NG RTIs, but I think the only Level 3 course out there is the one taught at Fort Benning.

Comment

Sir, Yes you are correct. Levels 1 & 2 are taught locally. Levels 3 & 4 are taught at Ft Benning.

SGT Juggernaut, Yes we had two students drop with rib problems. We started with eleven students; certified five.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post
                Sir, Yes you are correct. Levels 1 & 2 are taught locally. Levels 3 & 4 are taught at Ft Benning.

SGT Juggernaut, Yes we had two students drop with rib problems. We started with eleven students; certified five.
                Wow thats quite the wash out rate! And thats only level 1. I **** at grappling, or any hand to hand for that matter. I suppose I should push to go through at least level 1, it could save my life some day.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                  Wow thats quite the wash out rate! And thats only level 1. I **** at grappling, or any hand to hand for that matter. I suppose I should push to go through at least level 1, it could save my life some day.
                  Grappling is the best workout, and really comes in handy. The knowledge gap in between someone who knows nothing and someone who knows just a little bit is amazing. I've been able to make my smartass friends look silly at times.

I'd love to get into the combatives program, but I practice MA on the civilian side anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Squash View Post

Would you say that the programs at an RTI that are run many times throughout a year are a higher caliber than those that run maybe only once a year at an RTI? Of course we can always say...it's a certified course...blah..blah.

But it's like trying to compare "most" OCS programs through the RTI with something like Accelerated OCS.

Comment

Originally posted by YesWeCan2008 View Post
                      Grappling is the best workout, and really comes in handy. The knowledge gap in between someone who knows nothing and someone who knows just a little bit is amazing. I've been able to make my smartass friends look silly at times.

I'd love to get into the combatives program, but I practice MA on the civilian side anyway.
                      It is quite the workout. On sunday we did 4 hours of combatives training and ended the session with a round robin. I grappled with 5 different people for 3 minutes each, one right after the other. I was spent, and I'm a cardio maniac running marathons, free running, rock climbing, swimming with full ACU's and boots, and ruck marches. 15 minutes of grappling burnt me out and left me pretty sore the next day. Its a completely different way of exercising, and one thing it taught me was that I can't expect to out muscle or out last my opponent, form and technique will make all the difference in the world.

Comment

Do you get to do level 2 and 3 in the Guard?
                        And what about lines?

Comment

Originally posted by Scout13 View Post
                          Do you get to do level 2 and 3 in the Guard?
                          And what about lines?
                          I have to say, you are def in tune with the search bar, you have been bringing it back on the threads lol.

But here are your answers:
                          -Yes, you can get level 2 and 3. You have to pass the prior classes and test into level 3.
                          -What do you mean by lines?

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                            It is quite the workout. On sunday we did 4 hours of combatives training and ended the session with a round robin. I grappled with 5 different people for 3 minutes each, one right after the other. I was spent, and I'm a cardio maniac running marathons, free running, rock climbing, swimming with full ACU's and boots, and ruck marches. 15 minutes of grappling burnt me out and left me pretty sore the next day. Its a completely different way of exercising, and one thing it taught me was that I can't expect to out muscle or out last my opponent, form and technique will make all the difference in the world.
                            It's all about technique and leverage. Our DS was talking about his days going through and teaching combatives at Ft. Benning. The words straight from his mouth were: "You learn just enough in level one to get your a s s kicked, which is what will happen if you go out in the street and think you can win a fight in a bar with what you learned. Level two and three you learn how to take an a s s whooping. Level 4 is when you really learn something." Cracked me up.

Then he starts talking about how he got his teeth knocked out, then the younger DS's said: "They wear head gear now." He throws his hands up and says "What? Aaaaahhhh shiiiiiii.." We were all cracking up.
                            Last edited by VICEROY06; March 16th, 2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

A couple of months ago, I went against a female and she was good.

The new movie Warrior looks like its going to be good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLmAUdP5bP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2klfIzTJw4

Comment

Working...
                              X