Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 months and counting.......still trying to enlist...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months and counting.......still trying to enlist...

I met my recruiter in early August and was just hoping for an easy breezy but things have been a bit complicated for my situation. So I'm from Texas and was just visiting my brother in West Virginia and then I decided to give the National Guard a try. It took me a couple of weeks to try and obtain my high school diploma from my hometown cause they kept sending in blank transcripts until my recruiter called them up himself and finally got the right ones sent to him.

I'm a permanent resident so I had to deal with Department Homeland Security and try to get my immigrant status verified. That took another 2-3 weeks. I was given the run around through this time until he finally got someone to fax him the verification papers. So now I'm ready to go to MEPS....on my first trip there I pass everything in physical eval except for the fact that I failed the hearing test twice. They told me to come back the following week for a second time to meet with an Ear, nose and throat doctor to find out what's wrong. The doc said that I had an ear infection, and blockage and that I needed it taken cared of first and a get a written ok note from a doctor before I can continue processing. So he writes me an ear drop antibiotic. Then the following Sunday my recruiter takes me to an A-MED armory to get my ears checked out by an Army LTC. and he said I had a sinus infection and will not write me a note. I don't have any medical insurance and the quickest way for me to get this taken cared of is through the emergency room however I do not want any high medical bills in my name.

Here we are in late October and I just got back from a Quick Care office and they told me that I had a small hole in my right ear and that I might've had some hearing loss. So I have another ENT doc appointment in 2 weeks and we'll go from there. Once again I feel a bit discouraging and will not allow my self to quit because it's too easy. I called my recruiter and gave him an update and told him to not quit on me yet because I have not quit on myself yet. This has been a long and hectic journey but I keep my faith and I pray to God every night for he already knows my plan.

Re: 3 months and counting.......still trying to enlist...

Don't give up, I had to do work through a lot of red tape as well to get back in. But if you want it bad enough, the work will be well worth it.

Comment

Took me 2 years to enlist. 3 months aint bad.

Comment

Yes, I know this thread is a few months old... Was curious to see if this guy has gotten in yet. Oh and by the way, mr chaplain sir, I would have been elated at a 2 year wait to join. Took me 6 years and 6 months to get them to let me in. Poor eyesight *****.

Comment

Working...
        X