X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airborne questions I've not seen

What happens aftery in-processing on Friday? Go to your room, go to briefings, etc. I have read the PT test is Monday, but what goes on till then?

I heard get lost on weekends, but I also heard they have you doing CQ. Are both true?

Glasses and contacts. It is said no contacts, but I've never seen that followed anytime I could go back to my room for the night. Is it contacts or is it BCG's?

Thanks. I've looked for answers, but I haven't found them. Sorry if it's a repost.

Re: Airborne questions I've not seen

Originally posted by oldspice
    What happens aftery in-processing on Friday? Go to your room, go to briefings, etc. I have read the PT test is Monday, but what goes on till then?

I heard get lost on weekends, but I also heard they have you doing CQ. Are both true?

Glasses and contacts. It is said no contacts, but I've never seen that followed anytime I could go back to my room for the night. Is it contacts or is it BCG's?

Thanks. I've looked for answers, but I haven't found them. Sorry if it's a repost.
    After inprocessing friday, and every friday after final formation, you make sure you get lost, lol. There will be a CQ roster, so you'll know if you have it or not.

As for the glasses or Contacts... it's like all other posts or formations. People do it all the time, though the rule says dont. Honest answer? Don't get caught. That's all lol

Comment

Fantastic. Thank you! I've read in other forums/threads to get there on Thursday so that you can be there bright and early Friday and "stand in line and do nothing for hours." Sounds absolutely fantastic! Thank you for the answer. If you have anything else such as packing tips, throw them out. Otherwise I'll keep Googling and only return when I can't get an answer. Thanks!

Comment

You will in process and get lunch. You are supposed to be done by 1600, but good luck with that. You will go to a room with no air conditioning where they will be yelling at you about the paperwork you are filling out. Keep up or get yelled at some more. You will get in line to sign up for the platoon and stick you will be in. So, if you are there with someone you know, make sure you end up in the same line. This will be your platoon/stick until jump week where they will put you in a chalk that is based on your weight.

You will get about 5 briefings from everyone from the CO to the BC. All covering the EXACT same thing. Embrace it. After all that is covered you will head over to get your ACH, ankle braces and canteen. Just when you think it is all over you will get another briefing from your PS which could very well be from another branch. Ours was a Navy Petty Officer. Now... you think you're done again... ha... Now it's time to learn the airborne cadence and march. You should be done by now. Hopefully.

They will assign a platoon for CQ for the first week. There is only CQ duing ground week and tower week. You will obviously get notified of this at that point. If your platoon has CQ you will be there a little longer while they make the CQ roster.

When all is said and done you will get released and have until 1600 Sunday night for formation. Then you will get released again until 2300. You can stay off post all weekend, but if you decicide to stay in the barracks you will have to be back by 2300 each night... same as during the week.

As far as contacts are concerned. I don't know of anyone who personally wore them. Many wore BCGs and some people wore civis. I did hear about a couple people getting the boot for contacts, but that is only what I heard. I didn't speak with anyone first hand.

Hope this helps...
        Last edited by SSG Beckering; December 31st, 2010, 08:48 AM. Reason: Profanity

Comment

Working...
        X