X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort McCoy Warrior Leaders Course

My reserve unit recently placed me on orders to attend Warrior Leaders Course in Fort McCoy, Wisconsin.

I graduated on Friday 21May2010. Following my return home, I recounted my experience on my blog. As my retelling of the events is quite lengthy and includes some images, I would rather not paste it all here. However, I am also hesitant to simply link to my own blog, as I am unsure if that is against forum rules here, however, I am going to take a chance by doing just that...

To read about my WLC experience, please click HERE.

The bottom line, up front, is that WLC was a much more helpful experience than I had anticipated. I am new to the reserve component, having only recently transferred from the IRR to the USAR. I had previously served on active duty as a 13F and, after, completed my bachelors degree at the University of South Florida.

WLC was well run, and more physically and mentally demanding than I thought it would be, based wholly on my bias, although clearly misinformed, that I developed toward the reserve component while on active duty.

I encourage you to read about my experience. Should the link be prohibited, I can paste my entry here. If you have any questions, feel free to direct them to me here or at my site.

Thanks for your interest, and I hope sharing my experience can be beneficial to those approaching their dates to attend WLC.

Re: Fort McCoy Warrior Leaders Course

Ban this user!

Just kidding. Thanks for the blog, Steve.

Comment

Working...
    X