X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRP at Camp Roberts

Headed there the 22nd of this month and was wondering if any of you have been there and can give me a heads up of what to expect. I'm still half way stuck in the TRADOC mentality, so I was also wondering if I'd be able to bring my phone, laptop, books, etc. Thanks.

Re: SRP at Camp Roberts

Bring your phone, a book (one that fits in your cargo pocket), maybe an iPod. Those things will all be nice while you are sitting around waiting in line. Your company SOP may or may not allow you a laptop while on personal time. If you do bring it, make sure to have a lock to lock up your valuables.

Comment

If you haven't been to camp roberts yet, you are in for a treat.

Bring a canteen/camel bak, and buy some water. The local brew is...well...brew in the worst sense of the word.

The entire post looks something like this...Yup, that is the only shade. And that is probably the nicest building on post.

Comment

Comment

I will be on TDY orders at Camp Roberts from May 18th - 29th as SRP Support Staff. I have gone through SRP at Camp Roberts twice before and scheduled to go again in July.

Prepare to fill out a lot of paperwork and death by power point one the first day of processing. Pay attention to the briefings and make sure you follow instructions on filling out paperwork. The day after briefings will be Medical with shots, blood taken, hearing tests, etc etc. During the initial briefings and medical processing you will be in PTs. The last two days is making sure all your paperwork is in order like pay, direct deposit, CAC card, will(if you need it), making sure your family is in DEERS and things of that nature. Make sure you bring all your rent or mortgage paperwork to make sure you get BAH. The last day is meeting with different veterans organizations and groups.

I know I left some stuff out but that is pretty much SRP in nutshell.
          Last edited by mlmiller1983; May 15th, 2010, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks a bunch for all the responses.

Comment

The place is a dump, and California needs to do something with the place. Considering the history behind the place its such a shame to see how its gone downhill. The training areas aren't too bad and the weapons trainers there are very good.

Comment

Roberts is a dump, I've spent way too much time in that place. It's funny how much different that place is compared to SLO. SLO actually has decent barracks and food. Any time spent at Camp Roberts is too much time. Bring anything you can but there's no internet in the barracks.

Comment

Excellent. Our weapons qual and AT will be at Roberts this year. Bleh.

Comment

Working...
                  X