X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meps

We got in a little trouble wen. morning for failing to salute an officer in uniform (she is usually in pts but this time wore acu) and failure to follow an order to warm up and not sit in our cars till she got there. We were sufficiently chastised. The saluting truly was ignorance on my part, I did not realize there was a difference in pt and acu salute requirement.

Some people love the details so will do my best to give a good account. At meps now. Hotel tonight then physical tomorrow. Nice place, I took advantage of their pool.

If all goes well i swear in tomorrow.

Re: meps

Originally posted by RandyB
    We got in a little trouble wen. morning for failing to salute an officer in uniform (she is usually in pts but this time wore acu) and failure to follow an order to warm up and not sit in our cars till she got there. We were sufficiently chastised. The saluting truly was ignorance on my part, I did not realize there was a difference in pt and acu salute requirement.

Some people love the details so will do my best to give a good account. At meps now. Hotel tonight then physical tomorrow. Nice place, I took advantage of their pool.

Remmber what your recruiter told you on the way there. Hopefully he/she briefed you.

Remmber MEPS is a long process and a long day do not get discouraged.

Comment

Edited by andrew.tischner

Comment

Edited by andrew.tischner

Randy just listen to what your recruiter told you.

Comment

Only if saying no is the truth.

Answer all questions honestly and you'll be fine.

Comment

he said nearly no one in the army was ever completly honest, that they want you to be superman. I got nothing to lie about that I know of.

Comment

roflcopter this is going to be epic

Comment

Originally posted by 13Fox
                roflcopter this is going to be epic
                X2!.............

Comment

You have to salute in PT gear? But you're not wearing a cover?

Comment

Originally posted by 0844
                    You have to salute in PT gear? But you're not wearing a cover?
                    Was thinking the same. lol

Comment

Its Cadets, being Cadets.. Thats why they are called "Cadidiots". You put a 18yr old kid and make them a COL and give them some form of authority, they instantly get power drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
                        Its Cadets, being Cadets.. Thats why they are called "Cadidiots". You put a 18yr old kid and make them a COL and give them some form of authority, they instantly get power drunk.

Well it sounds like it was a ROTC instructor, prob CPT. I honestly cannot ever remmber saluting during PT.

Comment

AR 600-25, para 1-5b. states the following:

"All Army personnel in uniform are required to salute when they meet and recognize persons entitled to the salute."

Exceptions listed in paragraph i:
                          "Salutes are not required to be rendered or returned when the senior or subordinate, or both areó
                          (1) In civilian attire.
                          (2) Engaged in routine work if the salute would interfere.
                          (3) Carrying articles with both hands so occupied as to make saluting impracticable.
                          (4) Working as a member of a detail, or engaged in sports or social functions where saluting would present a safety
                          hazard.
                          (5) In public places such as theaters, churches, and in public conveyances.
                          (6) In the ranks of a formation."

IPFU is a uniform, regardless of headgear and it is appropriate to render a salute upon recognizing an officer. I will submit that the officer in question here is guilty of not ensuring her cadets were properly trained on the standard prior to expecting adherence to the standard.

Bottom line on salutes when the reg is fuzzy: When in doubt, whip it out.

Comment

It is a CPT, we have never had to salute them in pt gear but typically a master sergeant conducts pt. She was friendly enough, just wanted to square us away. Said the cadet environment is really lax but when we get to school we would be expected to know this stuff.

Whip it out, lol, will remember that Sir.

Comment

Wow, you get up early at meps, better get used to that I guess. If everything works out I'll have 9 weeks of basic. Last night we got our keys, watched a video on meps, and got to hang out the rest of the night. The girl I roomed with and another guy and me are all going to the same unit so will rsp together, got along well. Fed us a good supper and breakfast. He said we would swear in today if the physical stuff went well.

I brought my laptop hence the net access.

Comment

Working...
                              X