Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

meps

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: meps

    If I were you I would worry about it as much as you possibly can all the up until your physical. That's usually the best course of action.

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: meps

      Originally posted by NJ732
      Waivers finally approved, MEPS on Thursday!
      What kind of waivers did you have approved?

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: meps

        I don't remember them looking at your teeth. My mouths a mess, like 20 cavitie fillings from all the coca cola I consume like coffee. Just make sure you eat breakfast and don't work out too hard the night before. Don't want protien in your urine. You should do fine. Good luck.

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: meps

          Thanks.. Could someone explain the whole protein in urine thing to me?

          I consume a good amount of protein

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: meps

            Well I was with two people who got kicked back for it, had to retest in 2 weeks. They had both lost a lot of weight (over 20 pounds) and hadn't eaten breakfast so it seems somewhat common.

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: meps

              Originally posted by RSP NCO
              Dude, if you want to go, you should start putting a packet together.

              Yeah, I could become a pilot. I can't even drive a car on the highway correctly.

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: meps

                11Bravo, swore in today.. woo woo

                Such a long day.. left my house at 4am, just got home around 8pm..

                Interesting day though, lots of laughs, pokes, threats, grab and coughs, spread ems, and dont lie or we'll eat your babies... but 153 people enlisted, me and a marine happened to be the last two when the fingerprint machine decided to go on the fritz

                Whatever.. I'm in.. time to sleep

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: meps

                  CONGRATS

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: meps

                    Thank you SGT

                    My advice to anybody who has yet to go: It's not as bad as you think it'll be. Just listen to your recruiter, be HONEST but also keep it short and sweet. Don't let yourself start thinking "Oh well this one time when I was 6 years old, ________ happened and maybe sort of applies to this question". Just yes or no, if yes, briefly explain. And clean out your ears or you get the hose! Haha..

                    My funny MEPS story: Everything that could go wrong went wrong that day.. I was there from 5am and walked out the door just before 7PM. I was running on 3 hours of sleep. By the time I got to swear in I was happy, excited, tired, delirious, and hungry. A bunch of Marines took their oath and exited the room, then me and one other Guardsman were alone with the Captain. It felt surreal, and it was a bit awkward just the two of us repeating him word for word. So..... I laughed. Mid oath. Couldn't stop myself. Bit my lip, went right back to what I was saying. Captain smiles, no big deal. Well ya know how they say laughter is contagious? The other guy laughs and catches himself real quick. Couldn't help myself and I started giggling again like a little school girl. The Captain even laughed a little. We finished up, I turned beat red and apologized profusely, Captain told me don't worry about it its not the first time its happened and it wont be the last, shook my hand and welcomed me.

                    He was a really cool guy. He gave us a little speech about how less than 5% of the population attempts to join the service and 90% of them aren't qualified but we made it so thank you etc etc.. it was a great feeling walking out of there.

                    Comment


                    • Re: meps

                      A girl I went to meps with just went to basic, 2 days into it they threw her past hospital medical records at her which showed she had lied to meps. She was kicked out of the Army then and there. Don't lie at meps, even tho your recruiter may say they wont pull your records that's not true. She is living testament to this.

                      I am shocked that they took the time and money to get someones records after meps cleared them. I heard from several people they wouldn't do that.
                      Last edited by RandyB; July 9th, 2010, 07:20 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: meps

                        Originally posted by RandyB
                        A girl I went to meps with just went to basic, 2 days into it they threw her past hospital medical records at her which showed she had lied to meps. She was kicked out of the Army then and there. Don't lie at meps, even tho your recruiter may say they wont pull your records that's not true. She is living testament to this.

                        I am shocked that they took the time and money to get someones records after meps cleared them. I heard from several people they wouldn't do that.
                        There is something missing from this story...they do not pull your medical records. Where would they start to look for them?? The army does not take that time. There is more to this story that she didnt tell you.


                        ***Thats not to say anyone should lie about medical conditions

                        Comment


                        • Re: meps

                          Originally posted by NJ732
                          11Bravo, swore in today.. woo woo

                          Such a long day.. left my house at 4am, just got home around 8pm..

                          Interesting day though, lots of laughs, pokes, threats, grab and coughs, spread ems, and dont lie or we'll eat your babies... but 153 people enlisted, me and a marine happened to be the last two when the fingerprint machine decided to go on the fritz

                          Whatever.. I'm in.. time to sleep
                          Just the first long day of many long days.

                          Congratulations, this is a exciting momment for you. Stay strong and focused.

                          Comment


                          • Re: meps

                            Originally posted by RSP NCO
                            There is something missing from this story...they do not pull your medical records. Where would they start to look for them?? The army does not take that time. There is more to this story that she didnt tell you.


                            ***Thats not to say anyone should lie about medical conditions
                            thats just what she said, I guess she could have left something out for why they pulled her records but she said they had them.

                            Comment


                            • Re: meps

                              Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                              Just the first long day of many long days.

                              Congratulations, this is a exciting momment for you. Stay strong and focused.
                              Thank you LT! Noted!

                              46 days til I ship! ...... but only 29 days til I turn 21!

                              Comment


                              • Re: meps

                                lol lucky you. I turn 21 at AIT, no 21 beers for me. Oh well, I don't really drink, that much would prolly put me in a coma.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X