X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: meps

Good Job, RandyB. Very Proud of you. You have taken the first step, now move out to the next objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil
      So you enlisted as a cook? Not hating, but if you wanted to be a medic, you just made one of the biggest mistakes of your National Guard Career.
      No, I got medic, would not swear in otherwise and told him so. They made it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
        No, I got medic, would not swear in otherwise and told him so. They made it happen.
        Good for you. Don't ever settle for what the recruiter wants.

Comment

Thats my favorite liberal! You go girl

Comment

That chick is coming around ain't she. Stuborn as country mule, but it paid off today in spades. If she can get the listening and judgment part down, she could possible turn out to be a fine medical officer. Its really been fun watching her grow, very proud. Picked up her boot straps and drove on. Thats just awesome.

Comment

Thanks, I hope to make you all and my family proud. It will be tough but many have gone before and I know I can do it.

Comment

The easiest way to be a leader is to understand that nobody knows everything. Always be open to suggestions, and if your wrong and make a mistake, you cant go back and fix the past, correct the future.

Comment

You meet some people at meps boy. One guy was a month from basic and smoked dope resulting in a possession and resisting arrest charge.

Another didn’t tell his recruiter about a theft charge that came up and they pull him

One guy took a girl out to eat and then had *** with her in the hotel. Trying to get pregnant at the meps.

Comment

split option? I'm a little confused. I thought 68W was a nice long 19-22 week AIT? There's not 20 weeks between May 15th and August 25th.

Congrats. I wish I had pictures of my swearing in. It happened real fast.

Comment

I leave this August, will get back in a year to start back school next year. They couldn't get me split op or I wouldn't be going to AIT. Sucks to miss so much school but I will get 60 credit hours doing medic and basic.

Comment

I leave this August, will get back in a year to start back school next year. They couldn't get me split op or I wouldn't be going to AIT. Sucks to miss so much school but I will get 60 credit hours doing medic and basic.
                        WOW 60 credits? I hate to rain on your parade sis but somebody is fooling you big times! Unless your are going to the M6 ASI course which is a year long course of schooling/OJT and a LVN/LPN is equivilent to 1yr of community college.

Comment

The recruiter looked it up for someone he put in who came back to school. Said she got 60 credits for it so dunno.

Comment

The recruiter looked it up for someone he put in who came back to school. Said she got 60 credits for it so dunno.
                            Don't be nieve. Ever heard of discernment? Basic will get you 5-6 credits max. Then a 16-22 week AIT w/NREMT-B will likely get you 10-15 credits max.

Your relying way too much on second and third hand information. Rumors is just that! Say you get 20 credits....your University may only accept maybe half of them YMMV.

I have a son in law that is a SGT 68WF6 and he only got 18 credits total for his IET and ASI F6. He is in the 101st and studying to be a nurse.

Comment

Thanks for the info. It doesn't matter, I have over 60 right now and am 2 years shy from finishing my degree.

Comment

Im already sworn in, but I wonder if i could modify this strategy to get into flight school? Hahahahaha....yeah....

Comment

Working...
                                X