Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
meps Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: meps

    I'll wear cadet dots as rank if they have any. We tend to run out.

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: meps

      Back at meps, swearing in tomorrow. Got 5 meals and 2 hotels stays out of the army so far. Soon I will officially be a Soldier.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: meps

        Originally posted by RandyB
        I'll wear cadet dots as rank if they have any. We tend to run out.
        I hate that DOT. I was accepted into a Military Academy, for the Fall - and will be very upset to have to trade in my enlisted rank for a DOT.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: meps

          They call me dot, dot come here, dot do that, but soon I'll have a bar and it'll all be all over. I hope to remember these days, when I was dot.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: meps

            Originally posted by RandyB
            Got 5 meals and 2 hotels stays out of the army so far.
            Take'm for all they are worth.....
            You seems to think they are "free"....you will pay those back.......trust me....maybe as soon as your first FTX....

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: meps

              Originally posted by RandyB
              They call me dot, dot come here, dot do that, but soon I'll have a bar and it'll all be all over. I hope to remember these days, when I was dot.
              Instead when you get your bar it will be "Why isn't this done yet, LT?"

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: meps

                Originally posted by RandyB
                They call me dot, dot come here, dot do that, but soon I'll have a bar and it'll all be all over. I hope to remember these days, when I was dot.
                At my unit, we have 2 OCS guys and one ROTC. They call us "Dot & Ox".... or sir-ish.

                good times.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: meps

                  Originally posted by RandyB
                  Back at meps, swearing in tomorrow. Got 5 meals and 2 hotels stays out of the army so far. Soon I will officially be a Soldier.
                  Congrats! It's a proud day for sure! I was nervous during the swearing in ceremony and the CPT was talking so fast...He had to repeat himself a couple times for me... I felt like an idiot.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: meps

                    lol, oh well, he was the one talking so fast. Prolly done it a thousand time and wanted to get going. My mom may come and take a picture after we're done.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: meps

                      The best way to pass time in a the field is take a ROTC Butter Bar, give them a map, compass and protractor, then give them all the points, safety brief, tell them where to go, landmarks etc.... Then come back in few hours and you will find them either on a road or well past the out of bounds marker by atleast 500m.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: meps

                        Originally posted by Phantom
                        The best way to pass time in a the field is take a ROTC Butter Bar, give them a map, compass and protractor, then give them all the points, safety brief, tell them where to go, landmarks etc.... Then come back in few hours and you will find them either on a road or well past the out of bounds marker by atleast 500m.
                        I'd like to confirm this from personal experience, couple of drills ago our mortar section was doing a simulated fire mission with the company, new 2nd LT who had just graduated ROTC was leading his platoon on a recon assignment, wanted to prove himself, and ended up wandering into the simulated killzone we had established, and then called in a mortar strike on themselves.
                        Last edited by Mr_Loki; April 29th, 2010, 07:24 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: meps

                          Originally posted by M.Bradley
                          I'd like to confirm this from personal experience, couple of drills ago our mortar section was doing a simulated fire mission with the company, new 2nd LT who had just graduated ROTC was leading his platoon on a recon assignment, wanted to prove himself, and ended up wandering into the simulated killzone we had established, and then called in a mortar strike on themselves.

                          goodness...LEAD FROM THE BACK SIR, Lead from the back. let the NCO's handle it sir. Thank you sir. Bye sir.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: meps

                            I’m In.

                            And things got messed up crazy fast but it all worked out for the best. They had me really worried.

                            So what happened is, I get in to talk the service liaison and he is scanning his computer, scanning his computer, and he’s like Nikki, we do not have a single split option bct slot available, please go back outside why I make some calls and figure this out. So am I waiting, and waiting, freaking out and they finally call me back in. Then they say, we’re sorry but we can’t get you split op for 6 to 7 months are you willing to go to AIT and miss a year of school? I was ready to walk of the floor then. I tell my recruiter there is no way in **** I am missing a year of school to be a 92G food service specialist ie cook. I will not do it for that mos and if you want me to enlist you will have to find me a different job. It just was not worth it for me, I didn’t want that mos to begin with but thought if I didn’t have to go to AIT and could contract ROTC it would be okay.

                            I tell him I am willing to do 68W and become a combat medic because it will get me my lpn hopefully and is in line with my nursing career but that is it, period. I will not do anything else and if he can’t make it happen take me home. He said hold on, I’ll make some calls and call in every favor I have because we are very limited in female medic slots in this state. So they are calling, another two hours of waiting and he comes back with, congratulation, we got your spot but now we have to get your waiver to transfer, it was for a cook not a medic and meps closed at 2pm that day for Pegasus parade, we didn’t have much time.

                            But they worked their magic and I raised my right hand today. I am now officially enlisted in the Army National Guard. My mom came and took these pics. Here’s proof for the haters out there. It’s been a wild ride but I am happy.


                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: meps

                              So you enlisted as a cook? Not hating, but if you wanted to be a medic, you just made one of the biggest mistakes of your National Guard Career.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: meps

                                Congrats. No haters here.

                                There are lots out there (forum users) that "think" they want to play Army.
                                You swore in today, so the Army deemed to fit to serve. You are now part of my Army. With that being said, it is now our job to help you become mission ready.

                                From here on out you need to "listen" to what is being said here to you. The games are over. You're in.

                                Again, Congrats.....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X