X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAH Question

So I ship for BCT/AIT Jan 18.. I have my own lease and know I qualify for BAH. I was told all I need to really do is bring a copy of my lease with me to reception (is this right? Because it sounds too easy). But my question is, since my rent is due on the 1st of every month, would BAH kick in immediately for my rent that is due Feb 1, or will I need to arrange to have that month paid in advance?

Also, does anyone know, when I leave for training, will my apartment management take my room key and whatnot or will I keep it until I get back, or how does that work?

Thanks for any answers.

One more thing, actually! (this is my 2nd time editing this post...) Does BAH cover rent only for BCT or does it cover for BCT and AIT both? Thanks

Re: BAH Question

Originally posted by kristofer.a.cummings View Post
    Does BAH cover rent only for BCT or does it cover for BCT and AIT both? Thanks

It would be covered for both. Anytime you're on orders for over 30 days, a soldier is eligible for BAH. To include training. For your unit's annual 2 or 3 week training, you get a reduced BAH called BAH/RCT.

Comment

You will need a copy of the lease. The address on the lease must match your official HOR. The name on the lease must be you or your spouse. The lease signatures must be notarized.
      You will need to make the payment arrangements. BAH is paid to you, not to your landlord.

Comment

so then when would I recieve the payments? The same time as my monthly check or what?

Comment

You'll get paid BAH with your normal check. It will be split in half with each check. You will probably need to take care of the first month you are gone before you go because it can take up to 30 days(rarely does though) to get paid.

Also, why would you need to give a key to your landlord? If you are paying rent, it is still yours. Also, Im pretty sure they already have a key.

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys. And I only ask about the key because a buddy of my roommates and mine is coming home from NY for the summer and I was gunna offer him my room while I was gone. But I didn't want to tell him he could use it if I was gunna end up having to hand over the key, y'know?

Comment

Working...
            X