X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Guard taking RE-4's

Just was wondering if the guard will take RE-4's in the future. Since i got out of the marines in 99 after 8 years i have gotten my bachelors degree and working on masters and i am currently a 7th grade math teacher.

Re: National Guard taking RE-4's

Future.....yeah. But the future can mean next week or 10 years from now. Right now the military is overstrength so the standards to get in/back in are more strict and traditional.

Comment

While you wait you should try to get your SPD code changed, thereby upgrading your RE code.

You got nothing but time.

Comment

When you get your SPD code changed, does your RE code automatically change as well? And....who is it that we contact to get that done? Board of Naval Corrections?

Thanks

Comment

No, it does not change automatically, you have to reapply to the corrections board. It goes NDRB, Navy discharge review board then corrections board. I've heard on occassion that they chage both at the same time but don't count on it.

Comment

Thank you so much for the reply. I am going to give it a chance. I just want to serve in the National Guard. My recruiter in Texas, lied to me saying that they were still taking RE-4's and I re-took the ASVAB due to it being over 10 years old, got weight down, had friends/co-workers fill out the forms that states what kind of person I am, and we were about to go to San Antonio Meps and then he says, oh, they stopped taking RE-4's and no ETP (Exception to Policies) and well, sorry, keep weight down and they will change again and start taking RE-4's and when they do, you will be ready! I was like why didnt you tell me this before? His reply was this: At a Recruiter, you dont (llie) persay, you just buy time by telling applicants that all is well and hoping that policies will change before they go to MEPS etc...and in this situation, it did not and not sure when it will regarding RE-4's. I was like wow! I have been lied to before, and that really sounds like a lie to me. What do you all think?

Comment

It disturbes me when people say recruiters lie. Regulations are always changing, and the whole system is fairly complex. But saying a NCO lied irks me very much. Perhaps, was unmotivated to help, but not immoral.

Comment

If the recruiter didn't want to work with you, he would of stopped you right when you started talking.

Comment

Okay if saying unmotivated makes everyone feel beter than so be it. To say that recruiters have never lied or NCO has never lied is like saying I will never get a cold. I am not saying immoral the whole time, but, neve rmind you all are going to have your own beleifs as do I. I hear that some do not want to work with RE-4 people due to so many others have no issues etc... I understand that, and they are what you called unmotivated.

Comment

Originally posted by xmp View Post
                    Okay if saying unmotivated makes everyone feel beter than so be it. To say that recruiters have never lied or NCO has never lied is like saying I will never get a cold. I am not saying immoral the whole time, but, neve rmind you all are going to have your own beleifs as do I. I hear that some do not want to work with RE-4 people due to so many others have no issues etc... I understand that, and they are what you called unmotivated.
                    That's called prioritizing.

Comment

Unmotivated???? Wow...for not wanting to waste time with people who messed up and now expect someone to try to jump through all kinds of hoops with the hope that maybe, just maybe this one person can join so they feel better about themselves making a difference?

Im sorry, but the recruiters mission is to put in qualified, quality enlistments, not to serve your needs.

Comment

I agree to the above statement.

I hate the misconception that the army or even the national guard will "take anyone". With the strength of the army and politics, the need to take in RE-4's for a state is not as common as it used to be. There are standards.

If you have an RE-4 when you left service, you must have gotten it for a reason to not let you back in.

It may have been easier a few years ago or even last year, but the standards are raising...

Comment

1. My apology, if you searched the 1,700+ threads I have written you will find that on occassion I have said recruiters were lazy, or unmotivated. This is a total mistake on my part.

2. Stevelord has spoken most wisely, it's not lazy or unmotivated, it's prioritizing.

3. In defense of RRNCO's: I would think that often rather than explain to people the entirety of the situation, they tell only what needs to be communicated. Therefore, as information evolves, and as a matter of perception it seems a falsehood is presented, which really it isn't. For the essence of efficiency all the facts are not comminicated.

4. As a caveat, moral relativism is a scurge. That is the beuty of the military culture, soldiers will do what they are commanded, not what they see fit to do in their own eyes.

Comment

Working...
                          X