X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are NG members looked down upon?

Okay, I know I'm going to catch flak for this because of inter-service rivalry and other such BS, but I just wanted to point out the regulation in place in the USMC governing wear of their utility uniform. (MCCUU=Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform, aka MARPAT or just "cammies")

3. THE MCCUU IS A FIELD UNIFORM AND IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR WEAR IN A
    CIVILIAN ENVIRONMENT. WEAR OF THE MCCUU IS AUTHORIZED WHILE COMMUTING
    TO AND FROM WORK VIA PRIVATELY OWNED VEHICLE. HOWEVER, EFFECTIVE
    IMMEDIATELY, AND AS A SIGNIFICANT CHANGE TO THE REF, EN ROUTE STOPS
    WHILE OFF-BASE ARE NOT AUTHORIZED EXCEPT FOR BONAFIDE EMERGENCIES, SUCH
    AS MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, VEHICLE BREAKDOWN, OR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS.

4. MARINES MAY ONLY WEAR THE MCCUU AT OFF-BASE ESTABLISHMENTS WHEN USING DRIVE-THRU SERVICES SUCH AS ATMS, FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, OR DRY CLEANERS WHEN THEY WILL NOT EXIT THE VEHICLE.

A. THE MCCUU IS NOT AUTHORIZED FOR WEAR AT OFFICIAL / UNOFFICIAL
    FUNCTIONS AND CONFERENCES HELD OFF-BASE OR OFF GOVERNMENT INSTALLATIONS AND FACILITIES.

B. IAW ALMAR 054/06, MARINES IN THE NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CONTINUE
    TO BE RESTRICTED FROM WEARING THE MCCUU ON ANY FORM OF PUBLIC
    TRANSPORTATION, TO INCLUDE METRO, BUSES, AND SLUG LINES; AND AT ANY
    DOD-LEASED, CIVILIAN FACILITIES, SUCH AS THOSE IN CRYSTAL CITY.
    Translation, no cammies off base. Yes, the Army uniform regulations permit the wear of the ACUs off base, but that does not mean it doesn't look nasty. It's also a poor practice as far as PERSEC is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Bang View Post
      ..Really??
      Yes?

Alex

Comment

ACU's are made for warriors, other than the hook and latch, which is fine in garrision.

I personally like the fact that you don't have to iron the ACUs. Boots that don't have to be shined. It's a uniform for a warrior that has business to take care of.

I even like the beret in the wintertime.

I'm blinded by my bias.
        Last edited by Chaplain4me; December 8th, 2010, 08:35 AM.

Comment

lol apparently chaplain you are

Comment

56A leads the way!!!!!!!

Comment

LOL....Chairborne up! Hooah

Comment

Thought they scared you off for good Devil Dog.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                  You have airmen holding the airforce flag...thats what you have

Comment

(I don't remember quite bits of the story but I'll try and type it the best way that I can) A Good friend of mine was in the Marine Corps and I remember him telling me he had to do the Physical Fitness Test(I think that's what it was). he had do to a Running mile course (I don't remember how many miles it was) but there was a National Guard Soldier there running the Course mile with him and a couple of other Marines. some of those Marines were making fun of him because of the Branch of Service he was in but when they started running the Mile and they were done that National Guardsman had outran all of them Including my friend soon after that I'm guessing that the National Guardsman had earned the Respect of those Marines and my Friend and they Nicknamed him Rambo. "those Guys Are tough" I heard him say afterwards...

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                      This is the 1st thing i always hear as a complaint for officers that are active and guard. The active ones complain that we shouldn't rank up to 1LT or CPT as fast as they do. But considering that we deploy just like them, work hard just like them, and have soldiers just like them...
                      We also get killed just like them.

Comment

I have great friends in the mnarines and they call ng and army reserves tampons because they only get used once a month. They are giving me **** for wanted to join. They say that's where those who couldn't make it into active duty go. But they are jarheads lol

Comment

Originally posted by manda.lee View Post
                          I have great friends in the mnarines and they call ng and army reserves tampons because they only get used once a month. They are giving me **** for wanted to join. They say that's where those who couldn't make it into active duty go. But they are jarheads lol
                          You DO KNOW, right, that many the Soldiers on this site may have been members of all different branches of service?...including the Marines.

Just because they are National Guard now, doesn't mean that it is the only time that they've served or the only branch that they have served in.

Good luck with comments like that.
                          Last edited by Chris36; February 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM. Reason: Spelling error..

Comment

I meant no disrespect. I was simply stating what they personally thought and I refer to them, my friends, only as said jarhead. I have great respect for Marines as a whole. My father and grandfather are former Marines.

Comment

Originally posted by manda.lee View Post
                              Having spent 5 years on active duty as a Marine myself, I can relate to how they feel. However, now that I'm in the Guard, I realize just how wrong they are.

Also, no worries about the "jarhead" remark. It's still a title I wear with pride ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by 0844 View Post
                                Having spent 5 years on active duty as a Marine myself, I can relate to how they feel. However, now that I'm in the Guard, I realize just how wrong they are.
                                I can't really fault them for feeling that way. I understand the "brainwashing" that goes into the training about being the best, everyone else is nothing compared to them, yada yada yada.

Just always makes me laugh to hear them talk that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X