Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are NG members looked down upon?

Originally posted by 0844 View Post
    I agree 100% with your sentiment here. I refuse to wear ACUs off base unless required by my duties for that day. I try to avoid even stopping for gas for my POV while in ACUs.
    +1 It's not that I don't like being seen in uniform..but I personally think they're pretty hideous. Even compared to BDUs, where you could look very professional while still in cammies, these just look like pajamas.

Comment

History teaches us that the army with the best-looking uniform loses the war.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
        I've never wanted to "like" something so bad than this.

Very nice, Sir!

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
          Yes, everybody knows zee Germans had the most swagger threads. Most of their uniforms were actually designed by Hugo Boss. Call me a total nutcase for thinking this but I don't think the dashing uniforms of America's past kept us from victory when it came down to it.

These blow away anything the Army is wearing nowadays, that's for sure. These photos were taken in mid-1941, several months before Pearl Harbor was attacked (69 years ago today as matter of fact).

Comment

Originally posted by bojangleman View Post
            I've never wanted to "like" something so bad than this.

Very nice, Sir!

Alex
            ..Really??

Comment

edit................

Comment

Originally posted by Rokovak View Post
                Fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree, depending on context.

And what I mean by context: the ACU itself doesn't rub me the wrong way, it's where it's worn, and how it looks relative to other services, that rubs me in all the wrong ways.
                Seriously? You have every branch, but the Army in ceremonial fashion with rifles. This is poor.
                Last edited by SteveLord; December 7th, 2010, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                  Seriously? You have every branch, but the Army in ceremonial fashion with rifles. This is poor.
                  Can you clarify? I'm not sure what you're referring to as 'poor'.

Comment

The other branches feature servicemen with ceremonial rifles......REQUIRING their dress uniform. The army pic does not.

Comment

For example...

Comment

I didn't realize your point about ceremonial dress, you're right. Ok, let's take away the rifles and all ceremonial items. What do we have left?

Comment

Originally posted by Rokovak View Post
                          I didn't realize your point about ceremonial dress, you're right. Ok, let's take away the rifles and all ceremonial items. What do we have left?

You have airmen holding the airforce flag...thats what you have

Comment

Well that serves me right for not looking closer. lol

Using pictures will only obfuscate my point, but my point still stands; ACUs in public doesn't look good in my opinion. Or ABUs, or whatever the Navy wears is called, or whatever other style of baggy digicams.

Comment

Well...with all that being said, are you sure you wouldn't rather be in one of the other branches where you could wear more uniforms more often? Everyone I know in the navy(and its a ton because of where I live) all envy the simplicity of the army uniforms and that we dont have 20 different ones.
                              Last edited by HR NCO; December 7th, 2010, 10:01 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

No. My repugnance for crackerjacks wasn't enough to keep me from serving in the Navy, and that same personal sentiment for ACUs in public isn't enough to deter me from wanting to be a Guardsman. There's things I like about military service and of course a few things I wish I could change, but ultimately in the end, it's standing up to preserve the free world that drives me and takes precedence above all else.

Comment

Working...
                                X