X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ftngd

Anyone familiar with 42A RTI? I was just sent five emails within eight minutes of each other making me aware of four 42A openings with the 426th RTI. I'm in the process of a transfer and although it might not be complete by Novembers drill i'm STAing there either way. Its from my First in Line there, the Readiness there and then a few others. But I feel so much at home again, within a few days of saying i'm interested they are already sending me openings they think i'm qualified for! Its for at least 12 months. I was made aware of this quite a few months ago but didnt feel qualified enough. I was working with the Regiment helping to train an aviation unit that is now deployed. The OIC asked if I was interested. We had a very small team at the time. That position was just for his section, but this is for the entire Regiment. The brief description is available in the posting but any helpful information would be great. I've never interviewed for orders before. I know basically what to expect but since i've never done it.... and any info in regards to the exact position would be great. I know basic protocal, i've been to two boards, one a CSM board for Soldier of the Quarter, i'm looking for more information directly related to the type of unit and job.

Any good hints on the packet would be great too. I know what it all consists of as the posting includes all that of course. Being a 42A I know the gist of it but any info there too is great! I see there are two programs listed in the description that I have not used. My First In Line loves to be asked questions, she thrives on being the knowledgable one and really likes to see me curious. Do you think it would be appropriate to ask her to give me some training on those two programs? She was actually given the email on the openings for herself but wasnt interested so she passed it on to me. Closing date is 12 November, we dont drill until the 6th. Do you think it would be crazy to go in during the week (she is FT) and put in some time learning more for the interview? With four openings and just other things I know regarding how things usually go around here I should at least get an interview. I beleive its worth putting in extra free time. Its about an 80 minute drive to her.
    Last edited by WIBecky74; October 26th, 2010, 12:01 PM.

Re: Ftngd

AGR, ADOS, Tech?

To get to know if you are qualified, look for HR Tech jobs and read their KSAs and write out your responses. That's how I knew I was qualified.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
      AGR, ADOS, Tech?

To get to know if you are qualified, look for HR Tech jobs and read their KSAs and write out your responses. That's how I knew I was qualified.
      I'm not sure to be honest. I thought they were doing away with the ADSW acronym and moving to FTG or something like that. We have a pretty good Human Resource section on Wisconsin's NG website. The positions were opened yesterday and I do not see them under AGR, Tech, or CEP as of now. First in Line told me base pay, medical. I do not think it is a Technician job or AGR so whatever is closest to ADSW currently is my guess. The posting just says FTNGD. 12 months with possibility of more.

A few years ago I looked at what you are talking about, the Tech KSAs. I remember knowing some and not all of it. So I know what you mean, i'll take another look! Thanks!
      My first year was all RSP, then after IET it was mostly AWT type training for deployment, then a year for that, then four months doing nothing once back 'reintegrating' eyeball roll and now just a couple months finally in my job. I just made CAC, and helped with awards and going over evals and such the year abroad. And a couple months ago was finally the first time I made it to my assigned unit. lol Well I did four drills six months before deployment but the company is split between two cities and I was at the one i wasnt assigned to, never at that particular armory. So finally getting to them I had admin stuff of my own to take care of and have done very little 42A work. But i've gotten a few orders since being back to learn as much as i can. I have done some 42A work during those times. I feel i'm about at the right spot for a three year SPC 42A knowledge wise. I do have much I want to learn yet, thats for sure! I feel ahead of the game collectively, but 42A wise I feel just on path, no more.

Comment

To be honest with you, most entry level 42A positions are going to expect to give you a lot of "on the job training" in most cases. As long as you are smart, know basic 42A stuff, and are a quick learner then you should be fine.

Comment

Working...
        X