X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between 11B and 19D

This may seem like a dumb question but I'm curious how training and roles in missions differ between infantrymen and cavalry scouts.

Re: Difference between 11B and 19D

Originally posted by DKad
    This may seem like a dumb question but I'm curious how training and roles in missions differ between infantrymen and cavalry scouts.
    Cav scouts need a higher ASVAB score lolol!

No, but in actuality they are similar but different. infantry is normal Boom boom shoot em up. Cav scouts are similiar with a specialization in recon and land navigation. You also get to drive Bradleys and such in OSUT. I was a cav scout and loved it. Until my knee gave way Now I get hot meals and a cot no matter where I am... Did I really lose out? lol

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini
      Cav scouts need a higher ASVAB score lolol!

No, but in actuality they are similar but different. infantry is normal Boom boom shoot em up. Cav scouts are similiar with a specialization in recon and land navigation. You also get to drive Bradleys and such in OSUT. I was a cav scout and loved it. Until my knee gave way Now I get hot meals and a cot no matter where I am... Did I really lose out? lol
      The textbook difference is that one is Recon and the other is Direct Combat. Nowadays, they often do the same thing. Infantry obviously have more recognition and labels (schools, patches, cords, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
        Infantry obviously have more recognition and labels (schools, patches, cords, etc.)
        But Cav gets the stetson and spurs, which I think look way cooler than a blue cord. jmho

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
          But Cav gets the stetson and spurs, which I think look way cooler than a blue cord. jmho
          But an infantryman within a cav troop (like mortars) can get them as well. My stetson has blue cord/acorns.

However, you have to be 11B/C qualified to wear the CIB, EIB.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
            But an infantryman within a cav troop (like mortars) can get them as well. My stetson has blue cord/acorns.

However, you have to be 11B/C qualified to wear the CIB, EIB.
            well don't you just get the best of both worlds, then!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D
              well don't you just get the best of both worlds, then!

Ofcourse. All the flashy stuff makes them feel all warm and tingly inside

HAHA JK!!!! I love you combat guys, thank you for what you sacrifice for our country. Thakn you EVERYONE - its all one team in the end and everyone has a place.

Comment

Working...
              X