Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Afghanistan

Originally posted by Bingo
    Maybe because the current administration has announced an end and drawdown to the Iraq war.
    rriigghhtt

Comment

does anyone know if i can get with a unit headed for afghan? either in ky, tn, or va. i would really like to go over.

Comment

Originally posted by Spc Caldwell
        does anyone know if i can get with a unit headed for afghan? either in ky, tn, or va. i would really like to go over.
        2nd Brigade, 34th INF Division. 3000 soldiers from the IA Guard. Last of them just went to Mississippi earlier this week. Then onto Cali, then A-Stan.

Comment

Not to stir up an old thread or anything but I'm wondering if I'm gonna get deployed. I ship to basic on the 26th of Oct. and my graduation date is set to be around the end of Feb. My unit is being deployed in Summer of 2011...so they say. I know that I will still have one RSP unit to go to when I get back. What are the odds of me being deployed...anybody?

Hooah!

Comment

Originally posted by bdshipley View Post
            Not to stir up an old thread or anything but I'm wondering if I'm gonna get deployed. I ship to basic on the 26th of Oct. and my graduation date is set to be around the end of Feb. My unit is being deployed in Summer of 2011...so they say. I know that I will still have one RSP unit to go to when I get back. What are the odds of me being deployed...anybody?

Hooah!

Comment

If you are going to graduate the end of FEB, I would say that your chances are pretty good. Just a guess as it is up to your unit, depending on when they start the train up and all. You would do better asking the Readiness NCO at your Unit.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
                I'm going to agree with this one. lol.

Comment

I just read through this entire post and I have to say... The beginning was exactly what should have been said. SGT Bart's "I rolled up my windows" comment was where it probably should have ended lol

Comment

I just have to quote you because Im loving the pic...this will probably be used more on this board.

Comment

• Re: Afghanistan

******* a Steave, that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by bdshipley View Post

Hooah!
                        I love your spirit man but may i ask you why you are so anxious to get deployed? If you will look at our Geo - political situation then I'm 100% positive that there is plenty of war left for all of us...

Comment

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
                          I love your spirit man but may i ask you why you are so anxious to get deployed? If you will look at our Geo - political situation then I'm 100% positive that there is plenty of war left for all of us...
                          Yeah, deployment is a guarantee. However, you can't fault somebody for wanting to plan for it. That's less than a year away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance13D View Post
                            Yeah, deployment is a guarantee. However, you can't fault somebody for wanting to plan for it. That's less than a year away.
                            Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame or judge anyone, but in some cases i think it is better to let life to take you on trip down the destiny river without diving in it...

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame or judge anyone, but in some cases i think it is better to let life to take you on trip down the destiny river without diving in it...
                              I'm really not getting the analogy here. How is planning ahead for an upcoming deployment not the most responsible thing to do?

Comment

lol.

Gotta agree with Lance13D. Not really sure if I get the analogy, but I think it's wise for people to plan ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X